PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Anyone run across a Piccadilly before? Boy, it's mighty thin-walled, but man, is it a sweet smoker! If you just "breath smoke" it (click to see thread in main forum), it doesn't get hot and lasts longer than your lunch break, for sure.
I got it new, but I'm not sure they're being manufactured currently.
- The briar is pretty but has quite a few spots of putty to fill imperfections.
- Garish, somewhat sloppy signature.
- Kaywoodie-type stinger. (I've learned to like those, by the way. One extra step cleaning, but no bother to me)
- Bowl is 1" long x 5/8" wide (25 mm x 16 mm). 1-3/8" deep (35 mm). Walls are 1/8" (so it's a breather only).
My avatar shows me sipping on it.
ScreenShot2014-03-11at13947PM_zps1885e4b1.png

ScreenShot2014-03-11at14516PM_zpsed744a87.png

ScreenShot2014-03-11at14813PM_zps188b96d8.png

Jan 8, 2013
Never tried one, but I was recently gifted a Royal Sovereign, very similar. Same shape, stinger etc. Very good smoker.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
As we pipe and breathe -- Mailman just came to the door with -- FINALLY -- my new Falcon. I'll make a separate post.
What a day, eh? Wasted most of an afternoon making pictures of a pipe, editing them, uploading them, copying the URL, putting them here, moving them to this thread from another -- and a new pipe comes to the door.
I'm having a pipe dream.
"Don't wake me."

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Boy, I don't know, papipeguy. I do have a Weber, but it's not this one. And I tried to look up information on it, but what I could find was contradictory -- maybe the original company went defunct and another recently started up production of this model?
Anyone who can help, ... help, please?

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
papipe -- not actually a pot but an oval, or "pocket pipe"
Cute little thing in my hand, too. Feels small, is very light, but that bowl will outlast my 20 minute drive to work. (So... I solve that by going the "long" way. And below speed limit).
:)

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
From what I read on the "Pipes- Logos & Markings" site, pipes marked Picadilly were made in the USA by Weber and in France by a unknown maker. If your pipe carries no country marking I'd bet it was made by Weber. Still a great little pipe and thanks for letting me know about the oval shape. I didn't get that from the photos. Happy smoke rings.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
That's a very pretty pipe. I posted somewhere on this Forum about fillers ages ago and how they are the bane of pipe smokers! Enjoy your new falcon!

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
And there was Baron & Company who made Piccadilly. But I thought I read somewhere that this brand was picked up again after some years had passed by another company.
Finding nothing.
Anyways... came new. Unsmoked. No Weber marking on it or the stem, and it doesn't look like any other Piccadilly brand pipes I can find photos of.
But... love the little guy and he's up top in the rotation. Lightweight, well-balanced, smokes sweet and dry even before the cake is built up well in it. Gotta sip it gently or you'll fireball the sides on the thing -- but it also means it cools down really quick, too. Just back off and it's fine in a moment or so.
Slated for next smoke with it T-03:24:00 hours! Probably just Half n Half, as I left my tobaccos at home today. Only have what's in my coat pocket.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Never saw a stamp overlaid in "gold" before. Has anyone else? Nice looking pipes. As stingers go, the Drinkless works pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.