PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I'm a Jif guy, but taste testers at Cook's Illustrated liked Skippy best.
What's your favorite?
Skippy Peanut Butter

In a contest that hinged on texture, tasters thought this "smooth, "creamy" sample was "swell" and gave it top honors, both plain and baked into cookies. Its rave reviews even compensated for a slightly "weak" nut flavor that didn't come through as well as that of other brands in the pungent satay sauce.
Jif Peanut Butter

This classic peanut butter lived up to its "creamy, rich" reputation and turned out a "nice, chewy" batch of cookies. But some tasters felt that the chiles and other ingredients in satay sauce overpowered its "sweet, mellow" flavor.

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
I haven't eaten those in 20 years. If you have ever bought fresh ground peanut butter from a Natural Food Store, you would never eat that crap again either. You would not believe what real PB tastes like. Sure, the first ingredient is Peanut Butter, but look after that. It's all processed and anything good in it is dead by the time you eat it.
It's your business, but the health problems Americans are having today are 100% due to our diets. Why is it that Americans are the worlds unhealthiest people with the highest rate of prescription drugs per capita??? Look in your pantry.
'nuff said.......I'm sure I'll get hate mail and "I'll never buy from your store again", but hey, so be it
Rich

4noggins.com

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Rich, while I agree with you on mass market PB. Check out the link for the PB&Co site.
http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/feel-good/

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Peanut butter was a staple in my house as I'm sure it was in many others. Mom often bought 1 gallon tubs of the stuff and a bread and peanut butter sandwich was dubbed a Whalenburger, by one of my 5 brothers.

In my adulthood, I've continued to enjoy all sorts of peanut butter based food.

I love Reese's miniature cups. I love toast with peanut butter. Funny thing is I made some PB cookies yesterday.

I agree that fresh ground peanuts makes the best spread, but regarding the topic I lean toward Jiff right now.

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
I also prefer PB with the ONLY ingredient being peanuts. I like slicing an apple and dipping it in PB.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Crunchy Jif, partly because my particular grocery chain (Harris-Teeter in N.C.) often does discounts with their

shopper's loyalty card on Jif, and I find it tasty. My wife would like me to get the health food brands, but I just

can't get around the puddle of oil, whether I mix it up or not. If I want toast and olive oil, which can be tasty,

I'll just do that. So Jif. Skippy's good, but doesn't have quite the peanuty kick for me.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"Why is it that Americans are the worlds unhealthiest people with the highest rate of prescription drugs per capita???"
Is it just me, or does this comment seem somewhat ironic coming from a purveyor of pipes and tobaccos? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.