PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
I've already emailed them to see if I can get this corrected.
Xzbmd6r.jpg

AH7thbF.jpg

This bag is supposed to be Old Joe Krantz.
Here is the website and the picture of what its supposed to look like. Me thinks someone mis-labeled a bag...

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/codibuoldjoe.html#.UoTrg_lwo9U

pipes-cigars-tobacco_2269_241248689

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Pylorns smoked a bowl of it and I can say for sure that looking in and smelling the aroma of the bag for 2 seconds confirms this is definitely an aromatic they sent. It's sweet and sticky to the touch. No C&D blend I've ever seen in bulk or tin has been this moist. It's not even remotely close to the description of OJK on the website.
No doubt, it's clearly the wrong tobacco.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
@Roth Its an aromatic. A quick sample smoke to test it verified. The type of tobaccos that this should contain are not within this bag.
Description:

Another Bob Runowski creation for Cornell & Diehl, Old Joe Krantz uses the nuttiness of cubed Burley, the earthy spice of dark Burley, the toasty sweetness of red Virginia and the musty/sweet spice of Perique to create a heady, rich smoke.
Look a that black bag and tell me where the red virginia is...
To be fair I ordered over $100 of various tobaccos, I can forgive a mistake, I just want it rectified - and as I've stated I have emailed P&C and I'll post what their resolution will be.
Plus this was Msandoval's "extra" as he asked me to order it for him so when I handed it to him this morning he said "this is not Old Joe Krantz".

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Update:
Hi James,
Thanks for contacting Pipes & Cigars. Sorry for the mix up. You definitely got the wrong stuff. I am shipping out the correct tobacco to you today and you should get it in a few business days. Keep the mystery tobacco with our compliments.
Let me know if you have any other issues I can help you with.
Thanks,
Niko Pitsilos
Customer Service Supervisor
Pipesandcigars.com
Niko making good customer service

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Honestly, I think it's BCA. I used to work at a B&M in college and we sold a lot of BCA to the regulars. I could ID stuff blindfolded :lol:

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
I seriously thought this was going to be another bash post... Great to see them resolve your issue so quickly!

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
I had a warehouse issue with them the other day as well. I had ordered 8 oz of C&D 3 Friars, 1 oz of Sutliff's Elizabethan Match and a tin of actual Dunhill Elizabethan. When it arrived, the there was no tin in there. Called customer service, they said they were going to get it out to me. That was Tuesday so I hope it is cleared up by tomorrow.
Edit: I should also say that I'm happy to hear that they are clearing up your issue and I don't have any doubts about them clearing up mine.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Another plus to this tobacco mixup:
I left the office for lunch and this mystery black bag has made my truck smell amazing! If this stuff doesn't smoke well it sure does make a great air freshener :)

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Hey mistakes happen, its how a business handles mistakes that separates them from the crowd.
So true, some internet retailers would just ignore you and turn their backs if you didn't get what you ordered.

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
I orderd some golden dansk, and they sent me the dansk dark by mistake. I called and they were happy to speak with me. They sent out the golden right away. Non-issue. Talked about the blends a little bit, and im still their customer.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Well glad they're getting yours worked out. I'm not too happy with them right now. I opened a tin of "ten to midnight" heart and home tobacco 2 days ago. I've had it 3 months, seal intact. Crack the seal, sawdust dry tobacco underneath. Sent them an email. I get a "hearth and home tins should be fine for 6-12 months, sorry your tobacco dried out sooner, next time open it within 30 days to take advantage of our 30 day guarantee, just remoisten your tobacco it's fine". I'm far from thrilled at the moment.

B

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
@papipeguy Niko does rock, from the post times looks like it was handled fairly fast. Enjoy the gift!
@Pipebow Sorry to hear about the tobacco. In the future I would suggest you call customer service. I think you'll find a better result than an Email on something like this.
That set aside I can't express how important it is to get tobacco out of rolled tin and into jars. You can always throw a few bowls or more in a used tin for the road. Remember that H&H is mixed/tinned by Sutliff not H&H or P&C. There seems to be more instances of problems with rolled tin in the last year. Many people have said they've had no problem with tins a couple years old. Maybe there is a material issue we're not aware of, but Rolled tin IMO just can't be trusted. If you jar all rolled tin when you receive it problems like this will be avoided and if it was to be aged, it's defiantly better in the jar.
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.