PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I definitely won't be aging anything in their tins. Just assumed I was safe(even they confirmed I should have been) until I got around to opening it for smoking. Never will again.

B

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Update on my warehouse SNAFU: The missing tin came in the mail yesterday. The turn over was 2 days. I'm glad that they are so good at fixing mistakes, it shows that they do care but I would say that the next step is eliminate the warehouse issues. This, of course, is obvious. I hope they can get everything worked out.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Hmmm... I have about four or five of the 8oz twins sealed that have been sitting awhile. Guess I better pop them open and check the condition.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Personally, I don't trust the H&H cans. Now I buy only H&H 8 oz. cans and jar them on receipt.
Now someone will pop in and state all the H&H blends are canned by Sutliff in Richmond, and folks at P&C (including Russ Ouelette) will do a Pontius Pilate on the cans and that's OK, they can say what they want, but I jar them suckers.
Now the McClelland, C&D, and GLP 2 oz. cans, I put in the cellar as is. YMMV.
Wish I would have saw this thread a year ago. I have four 8oz and two 2oz tins of H&H tobacco with about 16 months in the cellar.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Did I miss something? Was the mystery tobacco ever identified? Looks like Cavendish, and it sounds like it smells

like it has an aromatic dressing. Good for P&C to make it right. What's the flavor? Rum? Vanilla? Sometimes

a Cavendish aro can be a nice flavoring tobacco with burley and/or Virginia, if you like that sort of thing.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I am a P&C fan. They allowed me to buy a pipe that was no longer in stock. The day my package was to arrive they called and told me that the pipe would not be in the package. I told them just to cancel that portion of the order (who knows when it would be back in stock and I could still use the $92). I bought the pipe as part of a sale (Buy a Peterson pipe get a tin of Pete tobacco and Erin Go Bragh for free) and they allowed me to keep the free stuff, no charge. Ended up with a 4 oz bag of 1Q, Peterson Irish Flake and Erin Go Bragh for $15.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I am also a P&C fan. I ordered 8 tins of baccy and a pipe on Tuesday and received it yesterday. Two days from order to receipt. Don't think you can beat that.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Agree, yaz, their shipping is great: quick and well packaged. I could've put a small vase in the same box as my few tins with the way they were packaged.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Waiting for December to hit to make a large purchase.
20% off Hearth and Home tobaccos is delicious.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I'm glad we were able to resolve some issues for folks, but the problem with the Ten to Midnight tin bothers me. Please email me at russo@pipesandcigars.com so I can take care of it.
Russ

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Russ, being Canadian do I have any other options to buy Sutcliff Black Cordial. I would prefer to buy from you guys but you have this little thing about shipping out of country.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
yazamitaz said:

"I ordered 8 tins of baccy and a pipe

on Tuesday and received it yesterday."
yaz, you must know someone in high places ... I ordered some tins and some pipe cleaners on Wednesday and they didn't even fill the order until this afternoon ... for some reason, they just don't fill my orders for two or three days and of course, with my being on the left coast, that means that while you get two day turnaround, I'm lucky if it happens in a week ...
I've been a defender of P&C inasmuch as I have never experienced the sort of problems one often sees complained of in this forum, but I placed a 4noggins order immediately after the P&C order and it shipped same day and will probably arrive here tomorrow ... that sort of difference is enough that I'm beginning to have a few second thoughts ...

jservant98

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2013
Southern Oregon
I have dealt with P&C exclusively so far, even though I have only placed two orders. I think they are great, I have not had any problems. Also I really like their website and have not found better prices. Even if they made a mistake on any of my orders, I know they would rectify it right away, so I am planning to keep doing business with them! :puffpipe:

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
yaz, you must know someone in high places ... I ordered some tins and some pipe cleaners on Wednesday and they didn't even fill the order until this afternoon ... for some reason, they just don't fill my orders for two or three days and of course, with my being on the left coast, that means that while you get two day turnaround, I'm lucky if it happens in a week ...
I've been a defender of P&C inasmuch as I have never experienced the sort of problems one often sees complained of in this forum, but I placed a 4noggins order immediately after the P&C order and it shipped same day and will probably arrive here tomorrow ... that sort of difference is enough that I'm beginning to have a few second thoughts ...
Must be the luck of the draw for you. I'm only a few miles from the Left Coast State of Confusion border, I have always had either same day if ordered early or next day packing of orders. The mail time has always been in two days from shipped to my mailbox.
Waiting for December to hit to make a large purchase.
20% off Hearth and Home tobaccos is delicious.
Just a few more days :twisted:

starcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2013
I ordered 2 tins of tobacco from P&C, they sent me 3 bags? of expensive cigars???

Yet they seem to make things right. No fast shipping out west suppose unless you pay big for it.
SC

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Sorry to hear that starcat, I've ordered about 3 orders and all were random stuff over the last couple months. So far no hiccup. I'm a happy customer, but like other say hope you contacted them so they can make it right.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I ordered 2 tins of tobacco from P&C, they sent me 3 bags? of expensive cigars???

Yet they seem to make things right. No fast shipping out west suppose unless you pay big for it.
Part of me hopes one day they make a mistake with my order... :twisted: the other part is just as happy to have never had a mix-up.
Just a suggestion, try saving up your orders to reach the $100.00 mark and you will never pay shipping and it will come priority mail.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
well, the order I placed last Wed at P&C arrived today ... delivery time was not as bad as I'd feared ... BUT, you should have seen the packing !!!! Someone there has heard the moaning and groaning that's been going on here and did something about it ... while I've personally never experienced a packing problem, the package I got today was a total transformation from anything ever before .... each tin was individually bubble wrapped, the pipe cleaners were bubble wrapped (!!) then those bubble wrapped items were placed in a bubble wrap lined box and MORE bubble wrap was added ... the individual items are SO heavily wrapped and taped that it's going to be a chore freeing them from their bubble wrap bondage ... one can only hope the pipe cleaners aren't too badly bent up in getting the quadruple layer of tape and bubble wrap off of them ... holy cow !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.