PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
This is a great place for pipe smokers. There is a club that meets on a monthly basis. There will be messages here each month before the meeting to let you know.
BUT, the really great thing is the Chicago Pipe Show. It is the world's largest show for pipe smokers. It is the first weekend of May. It is in Saint Charles, about an hour west of downtown Chicago. Do some research and you will be amazed. My vacation from Wednesday to Tuesday has already been approved.
Winton

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Be careful where you go in Chi-town, especially if you are black...up to 25 are killed each weekend, but the media and politicians don't seem to care.
I've been living in Chicago for 67 years and there are certainly some troublesome, if not violent neighborhoods, but where on earth did you get that statistic!

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Granted, there are an indeed an inordinate amount of shootings in some 'bad' neighborhoods in the inner city of Chicago as of late. But, that can be said for other cites/neighborhoods as well which are much worse. If that were the case it would be cordoned off and the National Guard would be called in! Chicago, aside from it's over taxation, is a great city and I've never heard so much as a single gunshot in my entire life. Sorry, as I didn't mean to get off the thread, but your comment and misinformation really had to be addressed.
Oh, and for what it's worth (just thought I'd throw this in so everyone knows about Chicago), Al Capone has been been dead since 1947. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.