PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
hello, i'm new to the forum and i wanted to ask is there any site/store that i can find new porcelain pipes?

i's aware of the estate ones on ebay e.t.c. but i wanted to ask cause i couldn't find anything on new ones.
thanks

-Ian

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I think almost all the more recent stuff (1970s/80s) available in the U.S. was made by Royal Goedewaagen but they don't list pipes as a product on their website anymore even though there is a picture of them on it. There probably is some stuff still sitting around tourist shops somewhere though.
I see that http://www.bisgaard-pipes.com/group.asp?group=3152&vat=false&lang=uk#.UrWCR_TUbO0 has an estate Royal Copenhagen on it.
Also, try Pijpenkabinet as they list Zenith Porcelains but there is no online shopping cart (or prices) from what I can see.

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
hm... thanks, i will search around some more...

shame they stopped making them, really nice and i've heard they smoke great too.
:puffy:

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
Lepeltier makes porcelain pipes: http://www.lepeltier-pipes.com/
I haven't got one, but here's a review and other comments, as well: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/a-lepeltier-pipes-review
EDIT:I guess these aren't strictly speaking porcelain, but rather, clay pipes. Ceramics anyhow.

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Another thread was just started on Zenith pipes at Zenith Porcelain Thread. I have no stake in porcelain pipes one way or another but I don't see any real upside in them. At least clays are inexpensive. (Relatively inexpensive for the Lepeltiers).

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
guess i'll have to stick with my meers and clays for now...

anyhow, i'm interested for a meer gourd calabash any idea of a quality online retailer with descent prices?
thanks

-Ian
:puffy:
PS: any idea why my avatar is not showing on my posts?

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
The meerschaum seems to be the easy part but the gourds aren't too common anymore. I know one of the sponsors Meerqueen (www.meerschaumstore.com) has recently introduced them to his store. I think there are some wood ones as well there but spend the money for the gourd as it's more important than the meer to the smoking quality of the calabash in my opinion. (I have a gourd & porcelain one that smokes great).
I've also heard good things about Butz Choquin's version that is floating around a variety of sellers (including 4Noggins I think). They run about $200 or so.
Obviously, there are a number of estate ones floating around for a fraction of the price.

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
in my opinion, getting a wooden calabash is like getting a meat-free burger, you just don't do it :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.