PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Harris, you're old enough to know by now that people are never too busy to make time to tell other people what's good (or bad) for them.

fetidbog

Might Stick Around
Aug 21, 2016
Agreed. And in a similar vein. I went into my neighborhood CVS shortly after they made all that hoopla about getting rid of all their tobacco products in the interest of public health. As I was standing at the checkout looking at the bare shelves that used to hold their tobacco and pipes etc. I turned around and noticed the 2 or 3 rows of beer, wine, and junk snack foods they sell. They really have an interest in the public health?.....Right.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Zombies eating people, that's seen as acceptable.....

I'm a TWD fan, and I can't recall any smoking scenes, so they must be pretty innocuous.
Stranger Things, yes, it's set in the 70's, so it definitely shows some smoking scenes.

May 4, 2015
Fuller House with 22 smoking scenes (which the study actually calls incidents) in 44 Episodes? I'm SURE.
Also, because one whackadoodle anti-smoking group puts out a "study," which apparently just means arbitrarily counting things in this instance, doesn't mean anyone else should pay attention to it. What a bunch of nonsense. Some journalism...

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Seriously Javan? Do they blur out all the smoke as well?
Looks like we have a Japan fan here :nana: Just kidding Mike, no they just blur out the tobacco product. In Turkey some of the TV channels use flowers instead of the digital mosaic (actually they are making fun of the regulation).
26018_201002230412011.jpg

fft16_mf788820.Jpeg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
jguss,
Harris, you're old enough to know by now that people are never too busy to make time to tell other people what's good (or bad) for them.
I am old enough to remember when Dick Van Dyke and his wife slept in separate beds on TV. Now you can watch people hump like rabbits but god forbid someone smokes. Man this world is totally fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.