PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
My 15 year old son is at New Mexico Military Institute (NMMI). He is the one on the right (with his room mate). He is 15 and is going to high school there as a Freshman. He loves it. He is on the JV football team and taking a full load of classes. He is HIGH SPEED. Knows everything and is doing very well. It is a great place and he is getting one of the best educations in the US. Go Colts!! He is the one pictured in my avatar when he was just 18 months old with the bubble pipe. Very proud of him. How time passes!
1912-600x400.jpg

Reactions: monty55

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Thanks guys. It has been really hard to let him go away at such a young age but I know God has a great plan for him and his future.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Very cool! I live in Albuquerque and used to play a bunch of baseball tournaments at NMMI. Congrats!

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Seems like a fine young gentleman and i commend you on your support as a father it is hard to let him go for sure but your looking out for his best interests and that is a big reason why your son will succeed. thank you for sharing Doug.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Congrats. You have every reason to be proud and I understand your feeling of pride. When I pinned my sons badge on him when he graduated the police academy I got all misty eyed.

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
You have every right to be proud of him. Time passes too quickly and it's nice to see the values of hard work, responsibility, and honor carried on.

I wish him all the best and I suspect he will be a high achiever.

Well done.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Dcrguns:
You are among friends here, pal.
Roth is retired US Army, Bradley - Mon Cher Cajun - served with the USN as a by God USN SEAL in a country formerly known as French Indochina, Carlomarx has a son entering the USMC's The Basic School as a recent graduate of Pitt State, one of my twin sons will be doing his Officer Candidate School next summer - as one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children from the University of Kansas and, eight months ago, Gecko starred up one of his sons after graduating from the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy.
Did I say you and your handsome kiddo were among friends?
I sure meant to.
Fnord

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Thank you for your kind words and to many of you your service to our country.
I am not sure what the future holds for this son of mine, but he does think the military is an option. We will see. He thinks he would like to go to a service academy. We will cross that bridge in a couple of years. He is planning now though.
Again, thank you all.

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
My son is finally home for Thanksgiving. He has not been home for around 3 months. What a joy to have him home for a few days. Count your blessings and have a great Thanksgiving!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like he's found a good niche and has a good educational track. If young people can find a channel for

all their energy and enthusiasm, the trajectory can last a lifetime. If kids can find some kind of calling, it

sees them through the rough times we all encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.