PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
...is in my backyard. This is why I moved to Vermont (but this is also the river that flooded us and why we raised our house 6ft!)
Our home will be under construction for some time, but at least I have my deck. :puffy:
smokingspot2-600x398.jpg

5-600x389.jpg

3-600x395.jpg

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Man that is gorgeous! Just wow! It reminds me of a town in the Smoky Mountains called Townsend.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Ever go swimming?
Actually yes - those rapids are home to a 15 ft pool. Can dive right off of the rock - and what's really fun, you go down stream a bit and we ride tubes down through those rapids.
Our girls (ages 8 + 10) are in that river every single day during the summer, no matter how cold it is (and it can be pretty darn cold, even when it's 90 deg)

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks everyone - it is a pretty special spot. We get to also enjoy the otters, beavers, hawks, kingfishers, plus fox and deer that we see at the river (saw a Peregrine Falcon once too). Pretty cool and believe me, I am grateful for it each and every day.
This old thread hasn't come up in a while. If you are interested in seeing

where some of our other spots are, look here:

Show Us Where You Smoke
And thanks Philip - that's a great thread!

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Thanks for the link Phillip! Nice to catch up on what the authentic forum members have been doing.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
I'll have to post a pic of the stream in my backyard and you will be so jealous! Actually I'm kidding, you have a Taj Mahal-type water source and mine is just a place the mud never dries. Your view is beautiful and what a great porch. Peaceful puffing, indeed.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Gotta love Vermont in the fall! It's an amazing place. What a gorgeous place you have. What river is that? I used to live along a small section of the Battenkill in NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.