PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Ok,
You may recall this long conversation about the Peterson Rosslare Classic vs. Rosslare Royal Irish (here)
My Pete arrived ! It is a Rosslare Royal Irish in the 999 shape (I think it's a bent Rhodesian but I know many of you think it's a bulldog :-P)
Here's the pics ! It's a beauty. I took it real slow on the first smoke. Half bowl of Erinmore. Went very, very nice and cool. The bowl did have some stain inside, but it didn't seem to be noticeable at all to me. Perhaps since I really tried to take it so slow. Almost 30 minutes on a half bowl.
So here's the pics. Sorry for the quality, phone only pics for now.
pete-rosslare-1-600x226.jpg

pete-rosslare-3-600x448.jpg

I love this silver connection, although it's not an entirely military mount. The tenon itself is still lucite, only the top part that shows is clad in silver. I'll have to get a 999 or 408 with a true silver spigot next to compare.. feeding the PAD beast ;-)

pete-rosslare-2-600x448.jpg

The grain is just gorgeous. Not flame grain or straight, but very, very nice. Not one fill for as far as I can tell.

pete-rosslare-4-600x448.jpg

So, was it worth the wait and 60 day "PAD moratorium"... yep.. no doubt...

vroomfondel

Might Stick Around
Dec 2, 2011
Zurich
Absolutely fantastic 999 you have there! I love everything about it, the finish, the lucite stem, the silverwork... flawless!

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I also have a Harp in the 999... smokes like a champ.
And here's the next one : rofl:
bws999.jpg

Although I think my next one might be the same series, but an 03 or XL02 shape. My wife said I seem to have a penchant for "these yellow stems". She may be onto something considering I have a Sav Miele sitting right next to it.
Sigh.. it's gonna be a long 60 days

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
I've been falling in love with the Peterson's. I hope you enjoy that 999, I've got one in the Aran line and am very happy with it. Want to get my hands on a 305 System next.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Thanks for the compliments.. It took me a while to find this one. Had two bowls in it. I've got some escudo drying out to fill it up with. Then a 24 hour rest ;-)
Fr.Tim: I have another 999 in the Harp series, which btw was my first serious pipe given to me for my birthday by the better half. That's the pipe that got me started and it smokes like a champ. I love that 999 shape. Just enough bent to clench without being too heavy. And not too much bent that it's laying on my chest when I'm reading a book. It just seems to fit me well.
the 60 day "PAD moratorium"...yeah...we'll see about that!
:ROFL: I know.. but I'm going to majorly tick off the misses if I don't slow down at least a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.