PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
My lovely wife told me to pick my own Christmas present this year as she wanted to get me a pipe. I found many many pipes I was interested in but then I found this on Chris Askwith's site. It is from his hand finished line. It arrivevd in the mail today and of course I needed to "check it" to make sure everything was "okay" (code words that somehow let me get my hands and eyes on it for a moment). Now it gets put away until Christmas.
Is it Christmas yet?
How about now?

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
Looks like you picked a very nice pipe! Please let us know how it smokes!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I would be insulted to think a beautiful askwith like that could ever be mistaken for a sprayed cob. Gonna be a long wait til Christmas!

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Clickklick I was comparing my wifes ability to distinguish one pipe from another. Colour is the most important feature.
The package was well taped up before it was put away... it is almost like she does not trust me.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a real beauty. Will be well worth the wait...how many more sleeps?? :puffy:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm a big fan of Chris Askwith pipes. I was watching that one, from his Hand Finished line. A smart grab, I have a similar Hand Finished and it is one of my best smoking pipes. It's only 19 days until Christmas.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
You must have been a very good boy this year. Christmas Day will be very exciting with the anticipation of that that first smoke. A Merry Christmas indeed!

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
A smart grab, I have a similar Hand Finished and it is one of my best smoking pipes
I have heard nothing but good things about Askwith pipes so I certainly look forward to smoking this one. I was somewhat unaware of the handfinished line until I started to look into it. There are a couple of mentions in the past on this forum that I found.
I have never seriously considered getting a birth year pipe (lets just say I was born in a bit of an ugly pipe year!). I like that this pipe was started in an English factory in the 70's or earlier and then gets finished now which spans my life up to this point.
My kids keep a very close eye on how far away Christmas day is so I have a pair of inhouse Christams clocks. They chime multiple times a day with news things they want for Chrismtas.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Scott, congrats on that Askwith. That is a gorgeous pipe! How are you ever going to resist smoking it until Christmas morning! :clap:

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Peck: I think I read somewhere that you have 3 Askwith pipes? I found two of them here. Can I see the other(s)?
I love his use of colour, sometimes subtle and often not. I wish I had the budget to pick up the recent offering at Smoking Pipes.
002-499-0127.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.