PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I asked Chris Askwith to create me a Yin & Yang two pipe set. I love billiards, and we settled on two large billiards - a black morta billiard and a tan blast billiard. Today he sent me the photos of the set and I wanted to share them here - I love the way this set looks.
ifaffbjf_zps6bd67474.jpg

ffgfefcf_zps32530b70.jpg

bdfegafb_zps773486a3.jpg

fhajhjfh_zps4dea8607.jpg

fhdecdef_zps30c6bd5d.jpg

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Now those are some stunning pipes! Both are gorgeous, but am partial to the tan blast. I've been on the lookout for a similar pipe for a while now... Congrats!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, both are fantastic looking pipes, I love the concept. Well done, I am sure they will be great smokers for you as I have heard nothing but good things about his work.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
@peckinpahomme, sorry to be so tardy getting back to this thread. Your set is stunning! My Askwith Morta is very like your black one, it has a cream mouth piece (Irish Coffee?!) but is a long-stemmed Lovat. I think Chris is a rising star in the pipe carving world. My 23 year-old is showing some interest in pipes. So, as a graduation gift I am planning to commission a pitch black Morta with a black mouth piece (Darth Vader!) and a silver band (he loves embellishments!!) I will ask Chris to make an engraved presentation case for it.
Re tobaccos for my Morta, I have said in my thread that IMO my Morta suits Balkan flakes. I have now tried it with other tobaccos. My pipe (Norfolk bogwood) is not 'neutral' - it definitely adds something to the tobacco, something I like! A kind of nutty, smoky taste. This still seems to be favouring Latakia-rich Balkans rather than VA flakes. But it's early days yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.