PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I just had to have this pipe as it looks awesome plus it is the perfect size, a large group 4 which is a really nice size for my flakes. I have heard nothing but great things about how Ryan's pipes smoke so I am really looking forward to my first pipe from Ryan. His pricing is really competitive considering where others have priced themselves for pipes that do not look nearly this good.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Beautiful pipe Harris! I'm sure you will love it from every thing I have read about his pipes...

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
Awesome pipe!! I love Ryan Alden pipes. Great open draw. Mine is a great smoker. It won't be my last.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Craggy blast, interesting color and shape, nice balance, Harris there isn't anything not to like about that pipe. If it smokes as good as it looks it's a great find. Enjoy.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guuys, the nice comments are appreciated.
I just got off the phone with Ryan and we had a nice conversation. Once I get the new pipe in I will give it an honest review and when it smokes as good as it looks, I will start with some commissions. The first one will be some type of Dublin as that shape was the first commission I did with Rad, and since I had such good luck with Rad, I will stick to the same shape for good karma. I ended up doing 9 commissions with Rad and would have done more if he had not retired.
I really like the fact that Ryan has enough confidence in his work that he does not require a deposit for his commissioned pipes. Rad never asked for a deposit and not once did I not take the pipe that I had commissioned from him. Guys who require 50% deposits always make me nervous like they are not confident enough in their skills.

May 31, 2012
Sweet pipe!
I think you're gonna enjoy it!
Looking forward to reading your observations and commentary.
Congrats on the good looker!
:puffy:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congratulations to you both.
That's a looker for sure, and if it's anything like my three it will be a wonderful smoker.
Well done, sir.
-- Pat

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Nice one Harris - and now you have broken his website. :)
I saw that the other day when someone posted about there Alden pipe. Sure is a sweet looker.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
That is his new blasting technique. Gorgeous pipe, Harris.
Ryan did a set for my 20th wedding anniversary; which brought me up to seven of his pipes. Great man, great work and great prices.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Harris, I hope you enjoy it ! Mrenglish is correct about the blast. I switched a few things up in my system. What I'm doing now is much slower work than before, but the result is a more even, well defined sandblast.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I love reading these kinds of posts.
Harris commissions a new work of art.
God willing, Lonestar delivers and Harris becomes a patron. (He might buy more.)
Lonestar continues to deliver and Ryan's already substantial star continues to rise in the pipe making world. (Folks, I'm a huge fan of patronage. Today we call it sponsorship.)
Ryan, as a longtime innocent but engaged bystander, I'm truly delighted by your success. Grab a root and growl, hoss.
And, Harris? Good on you.
Fnord

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Ain't it good all around! I am awaiting my first Alden with great anticipation. Having sorted through about 50 Petersons at the Dublin store, buying two blasts at the lower range of offerings, I am perhaps done with new factory pipes. Remains to be seen, but the work of Ryan and many others is inspiring.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
It is a very good looking pipe and that blast looks fantastic!

I also like the stem very much.
And, not to hijack your thread, it is aesthetically related to this Steve Liskey.

They would look nice side by side. We should get them together sometime.
Cheers,
J
12_zps0xneasso.jpg

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Very nice pipe Harris! I love the color with that blast. Speaking of the blast, oh my the texture and overall craiginess is sublime!! Happy smokes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.