PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks for the nice comments guys. I am finishing my first bowl as I type. The pipe is of course great to look at and the stem work is top notch. I put Fribourg and Treyer in for the first smoke as it is a tobacco I have smoked for years and know how it should taste, to the bottom of the bowl it tasted great. The pipe smoked as good as any No American artisan pipe I own. It was dry as a bone and smoked incredibly cool. I am not blowing smoke up Ryans as you guys know I call it as I see it.
I have already commissioned my first pipe with Ryan and it will be a Dublin. I am sure it will another winner.

May 31, 2012
hell yeah!
The proper pipe for New Year's Day!
I knew you'd like it,

he makes 'em good!
He also sets himself apart from many other N. American carvers in that he somewhat deviates from the Danish model,

he makes alotta classics, but when he does take on a danish inspired shape he makes it his own --- there is a rugged muscularity there,

with his shaping, in my eyes, and a signature which helps his pipes stand out I think.
He's very much cutting his own path and on his way towards an incredible destiny,

methinks.
:puffy:

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Harris is a smart guy. He commissioned a pipe that I happened to have sitting on my bench drilled shaped and nearly finished. This cuts down on the wait considerably hahaha.

Glad you are enjoying your first !

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
on his way towards an incredible destiny
See, I keep trying to explain that to my wife but all she cares about is if the bills are going to get paid on time. Pfft. No vision. Maybe you could talk to her for me.

May 31, 2012
I keep trying to explain that to my wife but all she cares about is if the bills are going to get paid on time. Pfft. No vision. Maybe you could talk to her for me.
:mrgreen:

Make her read this whole post!
:!:

May 31, 2012
*update*
Dammit Ryan!
I just visited your crappy site and saw that sunbursted squashed brandy that was instantly tucked in my bucket, I couldn't resist it --- you were reading my mind with that shape, plus the contrasty staining, and adding massive blast? Jeez dude, you really know how to empty a poor guys wallet...
...the only thing I'm not overly fond of is the Danish style stem, but I can overlook that and it'll probably grow on me, and maybe even I'll gain a new appreciation for that type of stem, who knows?
So,

thanks for bringin' in the New Year with a big brandied bang!
:)

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
MLC, I knew you could explain to my wife so she would understand. Just cut to the chase and send cash hahahaha.

Dude, you are going to love that pipe. It's one of my favorites of 2015, and the last pipe I made for the year.

I think you'll like the stem. I sometimes clench that style stem ahead of the button, so the button rests against the back of the teeth instead of in the teeth. I find it comfortable that way, but fine either way.

Happy New Year !

May 31, 2012
MLC, I knew you could explain to my wife so she would understand. Just cut to the chase and send cash hahahaha.
:P :!: :!: :!:
No doubt brother,

money talks the best don't it?

8)
Seriously looking forward to that pipe, it called my name bigtime.
Keep up the good work!

:puffy:
Happy New Year!!!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Just talked to Harris on the phone this afternoon and he is raving about Ryan's pipe, which really is saying a lot
I met Ryan at the Chicago show and my buddy Roger ordered a morta from him
I may have to break down and commission him for some sort of bent

Status
Not open for further replies.