PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I really love the smell of most tobacco blends in their containers, (except for the Lakeland scented ones). But my tip top favorite is Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Haddo's Delight and Nightcap.

Old Gowrie, or Stonehaven for me. Always...

Have to agree with you on the Stonehaven. Amazing aroma when I open the bag. Sadly, I like other lower priced Virginias just as much, so I haven't bought and smelled SH for years

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
But my tip top favorite is Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake.
Understandable, as this one smelled really good in the bag when I got a sample. However, for me that's about as far as I came to enjoyable with it. In a pipe it wasn't great at all.
One of my favorite blend in the tin is GLP's - Sextant. For a while I had the jar in my truck, and I "huffed" it quite often while driving.
Lately, I've been smoking lots of C&D's - Crooner, and I really enjoy the smell of that one in the jar as well.
Good thread, this is a nice change of pace from the "top 5 blends and desert island smokes".

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
I love the smell of jarred Samuel Gawith's St. James Flake. Heavenly.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
Recently it's been Mcclellands Blakeny Tawney Flake...not as good as any of the others to smoke but my favorite to smell

Jan 8, 2013
This is a tough one! Ok... for aromatic, I'm going to say Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream. And for non-aro, I'm going to say McClelland Blue Mountain (Balkan Blue... whatever you want to call it now... I'm still partial to the original name)

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Purely for tin note aroma, I'd have to say CAO Moon Trance. It has a delicious fruity aroma. Not bad for an aromatic. Decent taste and not too bitey.
I smoke it when we have company and it always wins the crowd.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Yet to try Black Frigate...that's going to be one of this year's acquisitions.

I agree with Duane and others re: Superior Navy Flake, it is really enticing.

No mention of Autumn Evening?..I guess that one's too cloying to make it, but it smokes much more tobacco-y than it smells.

Heck, I love most tin notes. Carter Hall? Escudo? 10-Midnight?

One I have trouble with is Half and Half. I can smoke it, but, the tin note is SO distinctive and maybe, artificial.

markus

Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
Black Frigate, SG Bothy Flake and XXX Blend from Moonshine Pipe Co. I love those liquor cased blends more and more here lately. They all smell delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.