PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Tin note a little strong, so figured would be tasty. Well on my third try an still nothing, just hardly no taste to me. The room note is faint but there. I guess I will put this one on the back shelf to age a little.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
This is an extremely high quality latakia flake,with an excellent flavor. Maybe you need to rest your palate? Or you can send it to me for proper disposal. :puffy:

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Irish Flake, NightCap, Bold Kentucky, 1792, Brown #4 these are quality real smoking! but that's my taste.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Scrooge I love all the blends you've listed, but I also love the HH Latakia Flake. I find it to have a complex flavor, with each of the component tobaccos (Latakia, Virginia, Oriental, even a little Burley) chiming in throughout the smoke. But to me it is certainly a Latakia-forward blend with a rich and creamy smoke. I find it benefits from a little bit of drying time before loading the pipe.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I like HH Latikia Flake, and find it to be a nice mellow form of Latakia tobacco. Not a lot of nicotine, which is fine with me. It is just kind of a smooth and rich smoke with out bowling you over with real strong flavors, but has a nice balance of multiple tobacco flavors led by the Latakia. I too dry it a little before smoking though.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Scrooge, sounds like you like big bold in your face flavor blends. As stated above, this is a more complex blend. It has subtler flavors.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I do note that you don't exactly do subtle, do you? :puffy: Put it in a jar, then, or trade it with someone who does.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Yeah, I do like strong. I dried some out for about a hr an did get a little more flavor. I have dozens of jars an tins filled with things I have tried. but a long way to go before I can offer them to forum members, still to new thanks guys

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I did a review of Latakia Flake about a month ago, and though I tend to go for full strength blends or single leaf, I found it a good mild blend. I find it subtle but with plenty of flavor. I don't want Billy Budd or Dark Burley every bowl, though I often enjoy them. If you don't enjoy mild blends, probably wise to order those that at least lay claim to full strength. Or it may be this mild blend that doesn't have much taste for you, but others may. Always good to be reminded that we don't taste things alike.

docspipe

Might Stick Around
Dec 12, 2014
I'm not a fan of Latakia, but when I do want that particular taste I reach for this MacBaren offering. A nice sweetness, enough for my tastes, and usually one bowl does the trick for me for several weeks.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I find Latakia Flake among the best of latakia blends I've tried. What I take to be the nutty burley note makes the blend for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.