PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
I just had to say how much I love to clean my pipes!

It is a close second to actually smoking them, but for whatever reason it is therapeutic and adds to the enjoyment of the hobby.

I'm sure many of you can agree.

Maintenance of the pipe is fun, and knowing that it will preserve it and keep it looking pristine makes it that much better :)

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
That's the great thing about this hobby. There is something for everyone! I want to support you, so let me be the first one to say: If you like it that much, you can clean mine when your done! I am just that selfless of a guy! :lol:

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I can tell a religious pipe smoker by how clean his pipes are. These are instruments, not a tool. Instruments get taken care of, tools get abused. It makes me sad when I see estate pipes in bad condition. The smoker didn't love his pipes as much as we do. My pipes give me happiness throughout my day. Why would I abuse that little part of my life that gives me happiness ?
I clean my pipes inside and out. I polish the bowls, polish the stems and lay them to rest to await our next visit.
It's my ritual everyday.
I'd insert a picture here of my pipes in waiting, if I knew how. I tried to insert a photo, but nothing happened.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I like cleaning mine too. You know the next time you smoke them they are going to taste wonderful.

shawn

Jan 1, 2012
I'm with you guys here. I like to shine em up and let them rest. I have my collection right next to my favorite spot on the couch.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I totally agree. A good part of the pleasure of owning my pipes is the time is spend cleaning them. It's almost as much fun as restoring an estate pipe. Good pipe maintenance will keep a pipe like new indefinitely.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
rlunderhill here is a link that tells you how to post photos.
I also love to clean and restore my pipes. Big part of the experience.

stogie37

Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
I don't know if I'd say that I "love" cleaning my pipes. Certainly not anywhere near as much as I enjoy smoking them. However, I do take really good care of them, and I like the satisfaction of knowing that the rack is full of clean, sweet, ready to go pipes. But love cleaning them??? No.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Count me as one who loves to clean their pipes. It's part of the whole experience for me, I love the way they look in the rack after a good cleaning. I'm the same way with my guitars, but in both cases they get used often. Not just for display... :)

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
This thread reminds me is time for another round of alcohol/cotton ball treatments.
I can't say I "love" cleaning them but it does ensure a tastier smoking experience if they are well kept.

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
Hmmm. I like restoring a pipe. But i must admit that as time goes on i have become a bit lazy about it. When i first started i was on top of it. Pipe cleaner after every smoke. Both in the stem and bowl. But i also have a lot of pipes now. So no one pipe, thus far has had a chance to really get dirty. But i should get back to how i was at the start. Very festidious.

Thank you for the reminder!

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
It is good to do a cottonball/alcohol treatment (I use cotton balls instead of salt) every two or three months.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Restoring ones long since forgotten or abused by someone else is rather neat for some reason, regular cleaning and maintenance is a bit of a pain. I am all about destroying every routine possible in life as living the same way every day is not living at all...

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
Re: Clean plates. Thats a lot easier. Put it on the floor & the hound dogs will leave it real shiny. Even guests can"t tell. I do really enjoy cleaning up the pipes. Ok I don't really have the dogs clean the plates...... just the silverware. I keep all the pipes (102) at last count in 36 count egg carton bottoms. They all have a specificplace to rest and you get to see them upside down with a lot of briar showing Nice soft resting nest. Never did like pipe racks. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.