PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

biguspipus

Lurker
Oct 30, 2018
Good morning guys, I'd to get some ideas for what to do with these last crumbs from the bottom of a tin.
When I'm down to the bottom of a tin and time to pop open a new one, I'll sprinkle some of the old crumbs on top of a packed bowl using them kind of like kindle to get the smoke going.
How about throwing throwing all the leftovers into a jar, mix them all up and see what comes up? Kind of like gumbo? What do you guys do?

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Kind of contemplating the issue here too. I've got crumbs from MB Vanilla Creme that would probably not fill a full small bowl. Been thinking of just tossing them.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't throw all the dregs in one jar. For me, the results have been muddled tasting and harsh, not pleasant. I'd mix the leavings with a blend you think would go well with them, and mix up just a pipe bowl or three in a crockery bowl, and smoke that. My best results with mixing, dregs or just condiments or two blends, has been keeping it simple. Single leaf or blends with just three tobaccos tend to accept a condiment dreg better. Usually, less is more, more is not better.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Here's a similar thread from a few days ago. Mixing the remnants. I started putting whatever tin leftovers I have in a jar I labeled "My Own Halloween Blend". By next Halloween I should have enough to "hopefully" enjoy...we'll see.
20181103_072042-600x596.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Sprinkle on top of next bowls from fresh tin. Throw like blends in a container such as a Mason jar. Moisten a bunch of similar "ends" and press into a cake.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I have a couple jars that i throw my crumbs into. When I spend too much time trying to decide what to smoke, I pack a bowl of Frankenstein. Or I usually smoke it at work when Im grazing a bowl.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
If I have another tin of the same blend, I just add them to it. If not, in the trash they go.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
+1.

It gets easier to do once you narrow down your lends to a regular rotation.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
+1.

It gets easier to do once you narrow your blends to a regular rotation.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I have a Latakia/English/Balkan jar that I throw the tail end of tins in; and, another jar I throw leftover aromatics into to blend. So far, both have produced good smoke.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
chase', I have thrown out tobacco leavings, but it is like a capital punishment case, with the leaf going through a series of appeals, so by the time it gets thrown out, it is essentially dust. I've discovered some good smokes dusting the leavings into another blend, but not into the tin or jar, just mixing it in a ceramic bowl.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have thrown out tobacco leavings, but it is like a capital punishment case
Once past half of the tin, the remaining amount can be rationed a bit until little more than a tiny bit of dust is left in the tin. No debates at all in the end, if I have no more to add it to, the tiny amount being thrown away doesn't bother me at all.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
I sometimes layer two or three blends in a bowl and enjoy a pipe parfait.

So the end of a tin is just another parfait opportunity.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
I have a jar called the “all sorts” - it all goes in there. It’s an ever changing blend of wtf sometimes lol but I’ve been doing it for years.

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
I have a jar that all of the endings and extra from pipe packing goes in. I I'll often smoke a "Frankenbowl" to see how it's getting along....always interesting.
CW

Status
Not open for further replies.