PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

doclinn

Lurker
Nov 23, 2017
I’m a new member from Austin TX and I can’t remember whether I have introduced myself or not. So, I’ll do so now (or again). I bought my first pipe in circa 1964 when I was a young troop (Army Security Agency) in Korea. A buddy gave me some Mixture 79. I tried it and felt like throwing up. Instead, I threw my pipe over the fence and into the rice paddy. I’ve returned to the hobby after 2 - 3 decades. My wife says I’m addicted - mostly to shopping EBay for estate pipes that I can rescue.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
Welcome from Houston.

We lived in Austin during the 80s.

Loved it.
I remember running around Town Lake one morning when a young lady went by me like I was standing still.

She had the nicest tush I’d ever seen.

She had the nicest tush anyone had ever seen.

Is she still around?

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
Welcome from Round Rock! There are quite a few Texans and a few Austinites around here.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Welcome. I lived in the Dallas area years ago and still have a good friend there. Viva la Texas. :puffpipe:

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
doclinn welcome aboard, mate. I lived in Austin for 6 years, and I must say I loved the place. There used to be a decent tobacco shop there too somewhere off of Lamar Blvd towards MoPac, I think something something northwalk or northside boulevard was the address. Pipe World was the name of the place, great house blends and huge variety of everything.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome from another Austinite.
Pipe World is still around, on Anderson Lane now (and another in Round Rock).
Curl, there are many of her still here. It's called UT Austin... 8O
jay-roger.jpg

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Austin ain't Texas, it's a colony of California. Terlingua, Lamesa, or San Angelo... now that's Texas. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.