PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

doclinn

Lurker
Nov 23, 2017
Hey Guys! Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah, she's still here. That's my wife your talkin' about! And Austin is an anomaly, a state of mind, and just too popular for it's own good. A native Texan, I've been here since 1971. I've witnessed (with chagrin!) Austin go from Heaven to Hipster to bustin' at the seams. Way way too much of a good thang.

Best to all pipers.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
SA here. Moved from Austin to Deep South Texas for 29 years. 2 1/2 in SA, could never move back to Austin. It’s just a city surrounded by Texas now!!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
...could never move back to Austin. It’s just a city surrounded by Texas now!!
Yes, it's nice to have Texas just a few miles outside my front door, and to be able to return home for nice amenities, like 24 hour grocery and coffee house, theaters that serve food and good beer and a job that does not entail barbed wire or bovine feces! :nana:
Oh, and all those nice UT tushies in orbit around Ladybird (formerly "Town") Lake... 8O
jay-roger.jpg

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
[Yes, it's nice to have Texas just a few miles outside my front door, and to be able to return home for nice amenities, like 24 hour grocery and coffee house, theaters that serve food and good beer and a job that does not entail barbed wire or bovine feces!]
And....’Someday you’ll love I-35’ !!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
And....’Someday you’ll love I-35’ !!
Whenever anyone asks about Austin, I let them know it's a great place to live, as long as you don't have to leave the house between 3-7pm.
I live almost downtown, so when everyone is trying to get in town, I'm usually headed in the other direction and vice versa. I also work from 5am to 1pm, so I miss the rush hour mess altogether. My commute is currently a grueling 2.7 miles.
My weekend is Friday and Saturday. Friday rush hour is from noon until 8pm, so I can opt out of that mess also.
jay-roger.jpg

fetidbog

Might Stick Around
Aug 21, 2016
Greetings from Beaumont! I lived in Austin for a year back in '95. Nice town, but when a coworker showed me the baby tarantula that tried to crawl into bed with him the night before, I decided to move back to the swamps of southeast Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.