PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
Thanks for posting that Bob. I really needed the visual aid to help me when the time for reaming my tobacco pipes has come.

flylot

Might Stick Around
Dec 17, 2010
Fantastic video.This and other posts that are so helpful to the novice pipe smoker should be moved to some easily found link such as a "WIKI" link or something. It would be like a one stop shopping for valuable information. Perhaps there is already one on this site and have yet to discover it.....

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Great video and article Bob. Really helps out the newer pipers who may not be sure of themselves yet.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I am glad that everyone likes it and found it helpful.
Flylot Said: This and other posts that are so helpful to the novice pipe smoker should be moved to some easily found link such as a "WIKI" link or something.
All you have to do is go to the main page of PipesMagazine.com to read the most recent articles.
You can go to my blog/column, With Pipe and Pen, to read my articles.
Also another thing to keep in mind is that every persons blog has a category section on the left hand side of the screen that you can look through past blog posts that are categorized. You must first access their blog to see their categories.
The home page of the site is Kevins blog. There you will find articles written by Kevin, Russ Ouellette, G.L. Pease, Carter Lyles, and any other featured writers.

directshot

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2010
New here to the site but not to pipe smoking. Have used the pipe reamer for several years now and it is good to see from a pro's use that I have been doing the right thing and not damaging my pipes. Thanks.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Nice job but you left out my favorite reamer for estate pipes, the T-handled Pip-net. It's also often sold under the Castleford logo. It consists of four different sized reamers that are cylindrical with rounded bottoms each of which has four cutting edges and a T-shaped handle that holds them. It does an excellent job of reaming the bottom of the bowl without resorting to a knife. The system has only two drawbacks. First, it isn't much help for tapered bowls. Second, you only have four choices for final chamber diameter, a fairly minor problem since one of the four should be acceptable for nearly any pipe.
Overall, it's my first choice for estate pipes. With just a little practice it gives a smooth even job every time. For general maintenance of my pipes I do use the Buttner and Senior, but for newly acquired estate pipes it's hard to beat the Pip-net.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Thanks for supplying the name of the kit and some info about it, kcvet67. In the article I did say that there are kits available and supplied a link to one.

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Thanks kcvet67, I ordered a Castleford Reamer set last night. I'll let you know how I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.