PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I have seen some people say that certain blends are part of their rotation. How many do you have in your rotation? Or do you smoke mostly one blend at a time? I usually have 3-4 blends going at once.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I have 3 to 4 in rotation at any time because I don't like having more open than that at any time since I don't want it to dry out.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Like haunted, I only keep 3-4 for the same reason.
It was just two (always a Virginia or Burley and a Latakia blend) but when I have time to smoke a third bowl I'll have P.A. or Irish Flake. My open tin of Irish Flake is still moist after 8 months.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Although I have about 60 blends at my disposal like Lawrence .There are useally about four on my side table , three of which get rotated out . The Rattrays 3Noggins always stays .

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I have 2 or 3 regular blends that get smoked daily, then have a couple I'm trying that get rotated out as I get a tast for something diffrent

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Alright I give up, I'm going to order a pound of 1Q and maybe some BCA (although I do have a good supply of another black Cavendish) and give it a go. Seems to come up the favorites list a lot. I usually don't have a set rotation, just what sounds good at the time and I have in stock. Sometimes something I can get local (which isn't much.) Oddly I had a craving the other day for Capt Black, of all things, and bought a pack. Lately I have been enjoying some Dunhill 965, EMP, and some Burley from Boswell Pipes.
Maybe is just me, but many aromatics leave me with a "artificial chemical" after taste later.

shotokun16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
2-3 in my rotation. Im aging the the others for maybe 6 more months and letting the sugar crystals spread.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I'm not sure how many I have. I'm constantly finding tins hidden everywhere that I've forgotten about, in the most unlikely places. I guess that's my way of "cellaring".

cornguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2011
I don't have a formal rotation, but I keep 7 or 8 blends in my tobacco closet.

I might smoke one blend for a day or two, then have a couple of bowls of something different for a change of pace and then it's back to my current favorite or favorites.

At this time, it's mainly 1Q, 7 Seas Royal and CBW. However, I might fire up a bowl of Lane's Burley Light, Carter Hall, Lane's Sweet English or my "Scraps Blend" at any time. And then reload without warning.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
My bulk purchases and opened tins go into numerous small Mason jars. I then sample practically everything -- like a kid in a candy store -- but only from the most recently opened jar. The remainder of the stash stays sealed.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Weekends out with the wife it is something she likes to smell. Weekdays back and forth to work is something I care for. I usually pick something and smoke it til it's gone then try something else. If it was really nice I make a note to get some more, if not I just keep searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.