PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
I smoke mainly 1Q but about twice a week I throw in something different for a change, usually something with Latakia in it.

salvy2

Lurker
Sep 1, 2010
I have no uniformity to anything i do let alone my tobacco. I was currently told by my wife that she liked the smell when I smoked Altadis 1-M so i purchased 5lbs. Along with any of the bulk blends I buy I put any open tins in 3 different size mason jars. Currently I have approximately 40 plus jars that I rotate and about 300 plus cans and tins in my cellar. Usually I smoke aromatics when i'm around non smokers and I smoke the more harsh blends when I drive alone or I am with a fellow pipe smoker.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
I have about 10 open blends, LOL. It's all right, I think I have enough tobacco to last me a few months or a year.

oldjazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2011
I can't say that I have a rotation, it's whatever seems to strikes me at the time. I love my TB honey maple as well as navy flake, but I love to pick up new ones just to explore. I think that's why I love my pipes because there's a world of tobacco to be explored!

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
I have a rotation of 3 tobaccos and smoke whatever I feel like when I get to the cupboard. Having said that I've only got a total of 3 tobaccos so you could say I smoke my whole stash at some point during the week lol

fatman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
I would have to say FOUR! Burley, Virginia, Haddos Delight and Latakia. Now, I have a pipe dedcated for the first 3 listed and the majority are for Lat blends. With the latakia, it really depends which pipe I feel like smoking. As far as how many open/jarred tobaccos I have, there are plenty. Just did a quick count, I have 28 jars of vairous sizes.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
I have about eight blends open and available for a smoke. I take whichever fits my mood. Most all are latakia blends and my pipes are all interchangeable blend to blend. Just received a shipment of a pound of Penzance so I'm still well prepared. So far I've always been able to keep myself with at least one 8oz foilpack in reserve. There is also always Balkan Sasieni, Three Oaks Syrian, and GLP Oddessey on tap. Same goes for Sterling's 1776 Bostonian and Richmond.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I probably have about 80 different tobaccos in my inventory, and I usually get stuck on a rotation of 4 - 6 of them within a given week, then change to another 4 - 6 on the next week and keep rotating.
It also depends on the time of day. I have a certain stash that is for night time smoking only, after a big dinner and drinks when I do not need to be coherent.

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
According to the Pipe Cellar Tool on my Iphone i have 22 Blends in 29 jars. And as far as a rotation is concerned I just smoke whatever sounds good for that day. I rarely smoke the same blend twice in a day. Well unless im going on another 7 Seas Royal kick again =p.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
I don't have a rotation per se. I have 25 blends on hand and smoke whatever I am craving. I do tend to grab the following alot during the week - Rich's City of Roses & Granpas. Pipes and Cigars - Classic Burley Cake and AnniKake. Sterling/1776 -Bostonian, Briar Creek Natural(reformulated) & Tavern. Boswell's Northwoods. 4 Noggins Bald Headed Teacher and 3 Blind Moose. For something completely different - Pipeworks and Wilke #13.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I get on kicks, but I generally follow the rule of smoking what I want when I want. I have been smoking for a long time, so I do have my favs which I always try to keep stocked in large quantitites. I also always have a huge selection of "trying it" tobaccos on hand as well. Every so often a "trying it" tobacco makes it's way into the "obsessively buy till I am fully stocked" category and so the stash grows.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I try to sample the tins that intrigue me most, and save others for a rainy day. They are all well reviewed and I trust that I will enjoy them when the time comes - if not, you can learn to like almost anything, within reason. :D Lately, I've only been smoking my bulks - I enjoy them just as much, and I feel guilty when opening a tin I could age instead. I don't go through enough tobacco to warrant a vast variety of unsealed blends. But when I'm really interested in sampling something new, I will do so and jar up the rest. The only downside is that I don't get as familiar with my blends; such is the sacrifice for constant novelty...

lyst36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2011
I'd say roughly 5-6 in my rotation. It all depends on what time of day and the weather though. Is that weird?

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I don't have a rotation. I smoke a lot of different blends. The closest thing to a rotation that I have is when I am preparing to do some tobacco reviews. When that happens, I have a rotation of those tobaccos that I am working on while I am "seasoning" the pipes with those blends. Once the reviews are done, the blends change to the next set of tobaccos.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I've got 9 tins open at the moment, with another 16 (various blends) on order; and I do plan to open them as they arrive.

That said, I do wake up to a bowl of EMP every day, and dinner is always capped with Irish Flake...but for the other six bowls I smoke in a day, its whatever catches my fancy at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.