Pipes Magazine » Pipe Talk

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Hello

(10 posts)
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Greetings! I’m back. Went through a rough stretch medically then had my maintenance Monday only to lose our power due to 7 power poles in our local vicinity getting snapped by the winds from tropical storm Phillipe. Had power restored late last night so had a hot breakfast and even hotter shower then headed out for my weekly ivIG infusion.

Keeping it smokey with 3 y/o Three Nuns in a rather neat corn cob cavalier made by a gentleman who sells them on Etsy, they come with removable bowls and a golf tee for the bottom clean out. I got the hardwood shank model but he sells them with corn cob shanks as well, great to be back, regards.
    banjo

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Fish', you are one tough rascal. Keep on keeping on. That's a fine cob Cavalier.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. jaytex969

jaytex969

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sounds like a challenging week, Fish. Glad to hear things are settling down a bit.

I do believe you are channeling Calvin & Hobbes' Spaceman Spiff in that photo....

Gunner, Black Frigate. Say "Hello" to my little friend!
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. johnnyiii

johnnyiii

Login to Send PM

When your doc tells you to give up that pipe. Just nod and smile nicely. Say ok if ya gotta but keep your toes and fingers crossed when you do. ... learned that when I was a kid. lol

Best of luck from the outer banks of north carolina and a hart attack survivor with a wife that just got over cancer... best wishes and true sympathy from someone who can atleast understand a little

I humbly reserve the right to post an intuitive thought here ... When ONE comes to mind.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. mayfair70

mayfair70

Felis Nicotiana combustus

Login to Send PM

Glad you are on your feet again. I gotta say, that is my favorite pipe out of all the pipes you've modeled for us this year. Reminds me of the German Hunting pipes, minus the golf tee. Keep hanging in there!

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you’ve got it made. -Groucho Marx
    Mouse-catcher on The Black Frigate
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. alan73

alan73

Login to Send PM

i'm glad to see you back. I really enjoy your pipe pics, I check for them daily. best of health to you

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. mcitinner1

mcitinner1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Looking good Banjo... Good luck with your trip down the road.

Stan
    Godfrey Daniels!!
    The Plenipotent Key to Cope's Correct Card of the Peerless Pilgrimage to Saint Nicotine of the Holy Herb:
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Glad you're on the upswing. Keep punching.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. nevadablue

nevadablue

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A corn cob Cavalier, pretty cool pipe. Glad you are back.

---
    Ken
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. pagan

pagan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yo

Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   bouwser, headhunter, buzkirk, sumusfumus, odobenus, disinformatique, donjgiles, ormazd, justanotherdude