Tags:   

Happening NOW: Pipe Retorts on Ebay

(11 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by sailorjeremy
  • Latest reply from mso489
  1. sailorjeremy

sailorjeremy

Login to Send PM

So I looked up retorts today on eBay (as I randomly do because they're not always there) and I came across these. They appear to be pretty decent quality and for $20 you cant go wrong. It also helps support the Wounded Warrior project so you KNOW I'm all in! I know we don't really come across retort kits too often so if some of you who don't have one are in the market, now is a pretty good time. Just a heads up

eBay: $20 Pipe Retort

I'd like to note that I do not have any affiliation with the seller and that although I am a supporter of the Wounded Warrior Project, I do not have any direct affiliation with them either. I'm just doing my duty as a fellow pipe smoker and letting you guys know that they are there.

~ Jeremy "Doc"

"This is not recreation, this is therapy. This is essential... I consider the tobacco I put in my pipe all the grief and suffering. And I will burn it.”- US Navy Chaplain (RET) A.P. Sholtes
    Posted 5 years ago #
  2. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

Don't we get enough retorts in this here forum?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 5 years ago #
  3. sailorjeremy

sailorjeremy

Login to Send PM

Yea we should advertise. Overstocked: Come NOW and get your free retorts!

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. dread

dread

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I picked one up a little while ago. Still haven't used it yet, but I'd expect to soon. I have several estates that could use it.

". . . I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul."
    - INVICTUS
    Posted 5 years ago #
  5. goldsm

goldsm

Login to Send PM

Pipe shank brush and alcohol will do all my pipe cleaning job for me.

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. sailorjeremy

sailorjeremy

Login to Send PM

@dread- Same here. I have a "few" estates that are going to need some TLC when I get back from Japan.

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I've purchased two from the Gent and they are great little kits. I've used retorts and I've used a brush with alcohol. Both give good results but the retort wins.....just less convenient.

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. cynyr

cynyr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just took delivery of one of these yesterday. It's a very good little kit, exactly as shown. You get one test tube, but TWO stoppers with hi-temp rubber hose, and those are the parts that making your own retort so frustrating.

See, most of these parts are only available in lots of ten or fifty. Unless you can find a source to get them by smaller lots, you'll quickly spend way more than twenty clams and have a whole lot of materials left over. Much easier to deal with this gent AND support a cause.

Yes, one COULD go into business and under-cut him by a fair amount, but do you really want to be that kind of guy?

Haven't used it yet and don't know the seller, tho he goes live fairly close.

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. msandoval858

msandoval858

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you do any estate restores at all, the $20 kit on ebay is awesome. It's amazing how much gunk will come out of a pipe you otherwise thought was clean an ready to go.

Mike
    Posted 5 years ago #
  10. tabriar

TAB

Login to Send PM

Wow, I can't believe this guy is allowing people to make an offer. Not only is he donating to the wounded warrior project, but he's got the patience to put up with yahoos offering him 50% of his asking price.

Posted 5 years ago #
  11. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you're into restoring estate pipes at all, this looks like a must-have outfit, at that price. Or even
    if you are contemplating trying restoring an estate pipe or two. I only hope they include good
    instructions. Mine are all "one-owner estate pipes" (me) so I maintain but don't restore 'em.

Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

banner

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   tufftony, paulfg