PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
So I looked up retorts today on eBay (as I randomly do because they're not always there) and I came across these. They appear to be pretty decent quality and for $20 you cant go wrong. It also helps support the Wounded Warrior project so you KNOW I'm all in! I know we don't really come across retort kits too often so if some of you who don't have one are in the market, now is a pretty good time. Just a heads up :D
eBay: $20 Pipe Retort
I'd like to note that I do not have any affiliation with the seller and that although I am a supporter of the Wounded Warrior Project, I do not have any direct affiliation with them either. I'm just doing my duty as a fellow pipe smoker and letting you guys know that they are there.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I picked one up a little while ago. Still haven't used it yet, but I'd expect to soon. I have several estates that could use it.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Pipe shank brush and alcohol will do all my pipe cleaning job for me.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
I just took delivery of one of these yesterday. It's a very good little kit, exactly as shown. You get one test tube, but TWO stoppers with hi-temp rubber hose, and those are the parts that making your own retort so frustrating.
See, most of these parts are only available in lots of ten or fifty. Unless you can find a source to get them by smaller lots, you'll quickly spend way more than twenty clams and have a whole lot of materials left over. Much easier to deal with this gent AND support a cause.
Yes, one COULD go into business and under-cut him by a fair amount, but do you really want to be that kind of guy?
Haven't used it yet and don't know the seller, tho he goes live fairly close.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
If you do any estate restores at all, the $20 kit on ebay is awesome. It's amazing how much gunk will come out of a pipe you otherwise thought was clean an ready to go.

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
Wow, I can't believe this guy is allowing people to make an offer. Not only is he donating to the wounded warrior project, but he's got the patience to put up with yahoos offering him 50% of his asking price.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you're into restoring estate pipes at all, this looks like a must-have outfit, at that price. Or even

if you are contemplating trying restoring an estate pipe or two. I only hope they include good

instructions. Mine are all "one-owner estate pipes" (me) so I maintain but don't restore 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.