PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Got to work and one of my co-workers told me my brake light was out. On my lunch break going to get pizza, I get pulled over of course. Looking for my insurance card, with a cigarette in my hand, the police officer asks " Kevin, do you smoke tobacco? "
I responded with " Yes" (thought it was strange hence the cigarette...)
He says " How do you smoke it? "
I replied with " I smoke a pipe, and cigarettes"
" Hmm' ok" he says.
Then I look down at my pipe next to my shifter and say
" Oh you mean because of this?"
"Yeah..." he says with a nod.
'You're more than welcome to sniff it" I eagerly replied passing it his way.
And sure as shit he grabbed it, pulled his nose damn near into the bowl, and took a big whiff, and hands it back.
"OK, thank you for being so cooperative" He says, heading back to his car to run my plates.
Five minutes and one warning later I'm on my merry way.
Replaced the bulb as soon as I got home.
No moral to the story, Just needed to tell someone, thought it was funny. Thanks For listening.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Ha, Cool story thanks for sharing. It sux that drugs has wrecked the noble art of pipe smoking..

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
That's a funny story. The other night I was in my car, waiting in a parking lot and firing up a pipe full. I was thinking, I bet some of these folks going by don't think I'm lighting pipe tobacco... :lol:

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
I got pulled over like that too. I had just gone through a toll booth and was lighting my pipe. There was a cop on the side of the road and he whipped right out behind me and put on his lights. He probably thought he got himself a big time pot dealer. Nice guy. His excuse for pulling me over was that he thought my rear tail light was out (it was not). The thing is... he had his lights on before I passed him so he couldn't have seen the rear end of my car.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It is unfortunate that on 99.99% of those stops, it's a drug arrest. The odds are not in our favor. The younger you are the odds go up.

alexnorth

Apr 7, 2015
One wonders how often a drug addict buys a briar for 100$ to smoke weed?

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Probably never. But they sure don't mind stealing shit. Which is why we should legalize all drugs, and punish burglary with summary execution. :)

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
A few years ago I was driving, okay I was speeding through rural Nevada and I got pulled over. Two people on the road, me and the Highway Patrol officer, go figure. Anyway I roll down the window as he approaches and he sees I'm smoking a pipe, so he comments on it while asking the usual questions, then he says "my dad smokes a pipe, I'll be right back". Comes back a few minutes later and says "I'm going to cut you a break, you have a clean record, and my dad smokes pipes". He then thanks me for cooperating, advises me to slow down and walks back to his car.
I'm glad his dad smokes pipes.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
John, that is the TRUE LESSON, we all have rights, but a simple traffic goes a whole smoother, whether you're right or wrong OR the officer is right or wrong by just simply complying and not being a dick.
I've been pulled over more than I care to admit, I've even been pulled out of my vehicle at gunpoint. BUT I've always been cooperative and have never had a bigger problem than the situation warranted.

jmagen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2016
It's almost as if you respect the cop and their job, they do their job and you go about your business.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
It's weird. I find I get better service in restaurants if I don't act like an asshole. There could be a connection...

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Always cooperate, I've had so many speeding tickets in my younger days , they would staple a court date to your drivers license , mine looked like a Porcupine. You have to know when to go with the flow or not. Was stopped on a lonely stretch of swamp road and I was letting my Diesel trucks ponies out. Trooper pulled me over, Get out the Truck was the command, clipped on btm of door was my Star PD 45, he asked is that yours, Damn right I Said, Give it to me he said, I raised my hands higher and said No F%~King way, I backed away from the truck and told him you get it. Supposed he was mad at something or somebody, T-Brad would get it holding the gun. You got to know when to cooperate.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Holy cow! Some stories here, esp. Brad's. My last stop was in Canada, and I didn't say a thing, but on reflection, I could have done some 'splainin' and maybe not have gotten a citation.

Status
Not open for further replies.