Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I have a few tins. My experience with GLP is to let it sit for at least a year before smoking.
Other than Chelsea Morning and Picadilly. And even those benefit from some time.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
My tin was already bulging when I received it in the mail. Has this happened with anyone else?

Mine too. Both tins of Temple Bar and Jack Knife. I haven't opened them yet.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I wanted to try it to see if I wanna lay some tins down. I'm sure it will age very well. I'm assuming we may have a short window to stock up since this is a new blend; does that fit with everyone's understanding of the FDA regs?

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
And I thought it was great. Just one bowl for me so far, but I noticed a dry herbal finish from the orientals that was nice. I think the perique is lightly applied, but appropriately so.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
I just had a tin of Temple Bar arrive in the mail. It is certainly swollen! 8O

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Well, if someone would just open one of those bulging tins and see....now the suspense is killing me.

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
My brother and I got together over the weekend and cracked one tin of each. The tins were "full" pressure wise, not sure how swollen yours are in comparison, but both tins we cracked were in perfect smoking condition.
Try it, you'll like it!
They were good fresh and from what I've experienced with Pease blends is that (in my opinion) they really open up after about two weeks of being unsealed and jarred.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Here is a pic of my tin next to an unswollen one. It is not that different but you can sit it sits higher as the bottom is rounded. It is kind of neat to see and I wonder if the pressure keeps building overtime?

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
They look the same as what we tapped into last weekend. If you're concerned, I say crack open and partake. It'll ease your mind and your taste buds will thank you.
My guess is that swelling you are seeing deliciousness making out with your tobacco.
Two choices:
#1 Wait and see. It'll drive you crazy, make you lose sleep. Not worth it.
#2 Crack 'em, find out there's no mold, jar 'em, smoke 'em, be happy and enjoy delicious Va/Or tobacco that only tastes better as time passes.
The choice seems obvious to me. 8)
Let us know what you think of them after you've smoked a bowl or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.