PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

styler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2014
I remember reading this thread last night and I remember having a few glasses of of wine. However I have no recollection of the the order I placed late last night for a few tins of Temple Bar, a tin of Dark Star and an estate pipe from SP.com.
The dangers of PAD, TAD, forums and drink!

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
I added a couple tins to my last order from SP, and got them this week.

Can't wait to crack one open!

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Smoking Temple Bar as I write this. Wonderful stuff. I think some cellar time will make it even better. Been a while since I had Classic Samsun, but I think Temple Bar is more complex.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
I just had one sent over here, can't wait to try. It's really frustratin to read comments like "Oh my, It's so good, haven't finished the first bowl I am purchasing more of it." and not being able to relate, immediately.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I am very cautious when transferring to jars and have never had an issue. Though I did not move it to a jar because I was actively smoking this one I had it in the tin.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Beefeater:
Sorry, I just saw your response. I wouldn't say it's similar, but Classic Samsun is another VaOr I really enjoyed and one I'd highly recommend.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
FYI had my temple bar get some mold on it today not even 2 months.
I had the same thing happen in a tin that had been open a few months. Normally I transfer to mason jars, but routinely leave the tins as is for blends I'm smoking with some regularity, or those blends for which I already have several jars sealed for aging. Love the blend, but surprised by the mold - my first ever mold experience with a fairly recently opened tin.
That said, my impressions: a very dry-smoking, Oriental-forward blend that reminds me of quite a bit of C&D's Oak Alley, but less sweet and bringing a bit more spice and dry wood, parchment and white pepper.

Status
Not open for further replies.