PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

puredan

Lurker
Feb 13, 2012
Tobacco pipe that is :wink: Now the special thing about this pipe is that im going to make it on my own. So far i've made two pipes, so im still a newbie. So my question is what kind of pipe fits a girl? Help

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Uh............. You're asking a bunch of guys what kind of pipe a girl likes? I can't wait to see the answers.
You'll most likely have to take this dive on your own. Look around and see what you think fits her best.
Imagine her smoking it and the shape, color, size, finish, etc. will come to you.
Can't wait to see the pics.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
For some reason i see a churchwarden, but honestly i would look at it with the same frame of mind as buying jewelry. What do you "see" her with? Has she mentioned in the past that she liked a particular pipe of yours? How about the type of furniture she likes, usually a good indication of whether she whould like a dark finish or a lighter finish...Older styling or something more contemporary...
Look to her outside interests or preferances to give you some guidance or inspiration.
Goodluck my friend and i'm sure no matter what you decide to make she will appreciate it.
P.S. Brilliant idea fora gift btw.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
how about colors? does she have a favorite? i'd guess you can either buy or mix just about any color aniline dye.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I also see a churchwarden, but with a small bowl - graceful, lithe... Not too long, 10 inches at most

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Aussielass always liked colorful pipes, but Cyndi might tell you a different story. You really know her personality better than we do. You might throw some opportunities out there for her to voice her opinion on aesthetics and function and come up with a solution. You'll probably be fine, unless she wanted shoes for her birthday and you got her a pipe.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Well, what does she look like?

thumb_COLOURBOX3112057.jpg

old-woman-asia-smoking-opium-pipe.jpg

Tobacco%20-%20Woman%20lighting%20Pipe.jpg

x3+Pinako.jpg

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
You probabley want a straight pipe for your girlfriend, the bent ones don't work quite as well and she may laugh at it :rofl:

puredan

Lurker
Feb 13, 2012
Lots of good advise here, thanks. I'll try to figure out something that fits her personality. I think I will go for a small bowl, and I was starting thinking about a cutty shaped pipe. Her favorite color is green, but no, im not going to make a green pipe. Its a shame small cute nosewarmer pipes smoke hot. I will probebly have to make something with a longer stem, a shame though... I JUST broke my last churchwarden stem. Argh!
unless she wanted shoes for her birthday and you got her a pipe.
@baronsamedi
Haha yeah well haha
Well, what does she look like?
@Philip
She looks beautiful :D

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Way back when I first joined the forums I posted a thread on a Goth Pipe. It's actually a Peterson "women's" dress pipe, but it looks so cool, I'd buy one for me!
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/the-goth-pipe#post-81515

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
small cutty with color in the stem might do the trick eh??? best of luck & what a nice present for yer lady.. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.