PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Does anyone know of a Member named Timely? He has no posts or threads but has been a Member since Jan/12. I recieved a PM from him today and he tells me he doesn't post but does send PM's to Members. There were many questions in the PM that has made me leary.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Never heard of him but I get PMs from people that I don't know all the time. I try and answer questions the best I can without giving anything personal away.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hey all, when I recieved the PM from "Timely", I replied to it but gave out no info. Now I try to find the PM he sent but all I can find is the reply I sent to him. How do I go about accessing the original PM?

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
The PM part of the forums drops messages all the time. Sometimes it loses ones I sent, sometimes ones I received. Practice good OPSEC and you'll be OK!

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I can retrieve my reply to him, just not his original message. My reply is in the Quote below.
I checked you out and u have no posts at all. I am not sure that u are who u say u are. As far as ordering tobacco, I am sorry but I do not know what you mean. I do not know what you implying but you are talking to the wrong person.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Good response nsfisher. Best to err on the side of caution when replying to someone that is and unknown and has no track record on the forum. When something like that happens and it sets of the Spidey senses, best to listen and act accordingly. Who knows what he is up to, but could easily be nefarious activities and best to just not give him any intel. Sounds to me like he might be on a fishing expedition.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Hmmm. It does sound a little odd, but it could also be legit. I got a PM from him yesterday afternoon myself. He said he tried to place an order with 4noggins.com and the order was rejected. He wanted to know if I knew what was going on.
I told him no and suggested he call them on the phone and ask them directly.
Coincidentally, at the end of the workday, I phoned Rich to talk about the radio ad we are helping him produce. He told me he couldn't talk as he was in a crisis with his site not working and his payment processing being broken somehow.
I also did not address some of the other statements in the PM that were "fishy".

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
At Kevin, a little off topic but a pipe tobacco company can do radio advertisements? I thought the FCC banned that?

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
The advertising may have only to do with AM/FM stations? I don't believe the pipesmagazine.com radio show is broadcasted over the airwaves from radio stations..I could be wrong??

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
I dont' think the FCC has any power over internet radios, I know the CRTC(Canadian FCC) has no say at all. And what a bummer about 4Noggins, I sure hope it gets fixed soon, as I need to re-order some tobby!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
This may be splitting hairs but out our way we have radio ads for tobacco shops on the local radio stations (2 very prominent cigar retailers you all know)plus an occassional ad for the B&M I frequent. Specific brands are named so I don't know what gives with ads on air.

timely

Jan 23, 2012
Hello

I am timely. I am a woman pipe smoker from Ontario Canada. I did PM 2 people because there were problems with 4noggins that were not a good idea to put on public forum. I did not mean to freak people out, I am on here everyday reading and learning about pipes and tobacco's. I have learned by reading many of your posts how to fix up estate pipes that I have bought from ebay. I am very shy this is why I don't post. Rich from 4noggins has been in touch with me and credit cards are still not working properly. I have been ordering from Rich since Jan. and have ordered alot!!!!!!. I hope this weird unfortunate intro settles some of your questions and nerves. Thank You timely Ontario Canada

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Somewhat related to this topic, I often get friendship requests from people who've been members for less than a day. Not that this bothers me, but since I've yet to figure out how to send friendship requests, it baffles me.
How does one send a friendship request? 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.