First Over and Under Shotgun

(8 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by piperl12
  • Latest reply from scottishjohn
  1. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well, after shooting a Beretta Semi Auto for 20 years I finally broke down and bought a Beretta over and under shotgun for Pheasant and Trap. Wow, have I ever been missing the beauty and style of shooting a fine shotgun. It's funny how a fine pipe, and a fine shotgun today made me feel like I was much wealthier LOL I know this doesn't have that much to do with pipes but it made my pipe smoking experiance nicer today. Italian Pipe, and Italian shotgun.

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. simnettpratt

simnettpratt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Understand entirely. My bro bought me a SxS Boito 20ga for Christmas. It's an entry level SxS from Brazil, but he put on a new stock and found me an old case with the Union Jack on it. I don't have it yet, but did get to shoot some skeet with it last weekend. Being a Brit, I of course prefer the SxSs to the O/Us but there ain't nothing wrong with that. We're going to shoot some more skeet this weekend. Congratulations on your fine O/U; you'll never get tired of looking at it.

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Side by side is better , used to put 2 shells between my left hand fingers , shoot , break , pop shells in, when I was young I could shoot a double barrel as fast as a man could shoot a pump and 1,more shell on a legal shoot. The old cajun. PS had a over and under custom made in Turkey, did not like it cost a lot of money gave it to my son, did not shoot as good as my old Ithaca double barrel. IMHO

The Old Cajun
    Posted 6 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I have been using a Ruger Red Label in the field, since the early 80's, and a Remington 1100 and a Browning A5 in the blind for longer than I care to say. None of these three field proven guns have ever let me down. They do however require more frequent cleanings than the new guns out today.

Enjoy that Beretta, piper, it's a fine gun. What model?

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Beretta over and under shotgun

Nice choice

The most important things in life are good friends and a good bullpen...not necessarily in that order

You may all go to hell, I'll go to Texas-Davy Crockett
    Posted 6 years ago #
  6. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

No pictures? Come on.

" I'm talking about the kind of sound you can feel. When it comes to great stereo you can't beat big speakers, I'm talking about big speakers with big woofers."
    Posted 6 years ago #
  7. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Side by side is better

I like the look of a side by side better. I'd like to get one eventually.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 6 years ago #
  8. scottishjohn

scottishjohn

Login to Send PM

I agree with you Uberam3rica. There is a lot of charm in a side by side. However,a thing of beauty can always please the eye, and with a shotgun the shooting of it usually warms a heart, whether it is O/U or SxS.

"I don't always smoke a pipe, but when I do I am even more interesting.
    .....................Keep smoking my friends..........................."
    Posted 6 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   npod, craiginthecorn, the85boro, smittyd, mso489, jguss, donjgiles, yaboofive