PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Well, after shooting a Beretta Semi Auto for 20 years I finally broke down and bought a Beretta over and under shotgun for Pheasant and Trap. Wow, have I ever been missing the beauty and style of shooting a fine shotgun. It's funny how a fine pipe, and a fine shotgun today made me feel like I was much wealthier LOL I know this doesn't have that much to do with pipes but it made my pipe smoking experiance nicer today. Italian Pipe, and Italian shotgun.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Understand entirely. My bro bought me a SxS Boito 20ga for Christmas. It's an entry level SxS from Brazil, but he put on a new stock and found me an old case with the Union Jack on it. I don't have it yet, but did get to shoot some skeet with it last weekend. Being a Brit, I of course prefer the SxSs to the O/Us but there ain't nothing wrong with that. We're going to shoot some more skeet this weekend. Congratulations on your fine O/U; you'll never get tired of looking at it.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Side by side is better , used to put 2 shells between my left hand fingers , shoot , break , pop shells in, when I was young I could shoot a double barrel as fast as a man could shoot a pump and 1,more shell on a legal shoot. The old cajun. PS had a over and under custom made in Turkey, did not like it cost a lot of money gave it to my son, did not shoot as good as my old Ithaca double barrel. IMHO

scottishjohn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2012
Broomfield, Colorado
I agree with you Uberam3rica. There is a lot of charm in a side by side. However,a thing of beauty can always please the eye, and with a shotgun the shooting of it usually warms a heart, whether it is O/U or SxS.

Status
Not open for further replies.