PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My neighbors and I are having trouble finding places to stack our snow. The lawn is covered with about 2' of snow with mounds much higher. People at work complain that the snow banks are higher than they can see around when they try to back out of the driveway.
Someone told me that this is the third coldest and third snowiest winter in Chicago over the last 140 years.
Sorry to gripe. I really feel sorry for those who are having a worse time than we are. We have the tools, but Atlanta got snowed in without any equipment to fix the problem. When is Spring? Where is all this snow going to? Other than basements?
Winton

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I am officially waving the white flag, winter has kicked my ass and I give up! We have not had this much snow in Southern Ontario in a very very long time.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Ok, ok . . . In my corner of the PNW we had almost 2".
I'll admit that anyone should be able to handle that, but there was compact snow and ice on the roads, with a high of 22 degrees. The guy at the county roads dept that is charge of this stuff retired (my cousin) and no one got the sand out. Add a whole bunch of California transplants and it was ugly.

wallace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2012
Since we're all pitching in, I'll do my share here.

Upper SW Washington is quite a mess right now, relatively speaking of course. Got icy roads, falling snow, a baby due any time now and a midwife who lives 45 minutes away when the driving is good. Not to mention the 1300' climb in 3 miles to get to our house. Yeah, ice and snow makes that road a party. Good memories in the making!

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Today is snow and winds of over 20 mph. Drifts are nearly 4 ft. in front of my house, I've run the snowblower twice and the drifts were taller than the infeed. I have no idea what the morning will bring. The road in front of my house is impassable, but its what the snowplow will put in my driveway as the streets get cleaned that really worries me.
Still, its only snow, I'll move it off my drive and life will be good again. :puffy:
I almost forgot to mention, when I went out to remove snow the first time, my pooch destroyed two cellular shades. The replacements are $399.84.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I guess you all would be most underwhelmed by the whopping 1/16" of snow we saw this week. The first we have seen in almost a year. We saw plenty of ice a while back, but this is our first snow. Normally we atleast get one good snow a year, but not sure we will this year.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.