PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindmansleeps

Might Stick Around
Jan 23, 2014
I've seen some of the pictures that have been uploaded on various threads of the beautiful views from a smoking porch, and I thought it'd be a nice topic for a thread.
My own view is nothing special, except for the looming Buffalo Mountain on the horizon. At sunset, the sun falls right beside the mountain,a nice view. The mountain's much brighter in the Spring, and more prominent when the mountain haze hasn't settled in.
Edit: I forgot to say: post your own view if you smoke on the porch.
WIN_20140207_135758_zps29fe6583.jpg

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
I don't have a mountain view, so I generally relax by the koi pond. It's frozen now....wouldn't want to be a koi.
image12-600x450.jpg

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
That mountain view looks like the quintessential small town and frozen or not a water feature like that pond is awesome. I have nothing special as far as a view currently but we are getting ready to move next week and I will have a wooded backdrop at the new place. I can't wait!

blindmansleeps

Might Stick Around
Jan 23, 2014
Ranger, that's beautiful. Does the piece in the middle of the pond double as a fountain?
Vabriar, good luck on the move. Post a pic of the view once you get settled in!

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Ranger, that's beautiful. Does the piece in the middle of the pond double as a fountain?

No. I had a fountain and a waterfall in it, but my wife's cocker chewed the pumps up. :evil:
The porch at our cabin is my favorite smoking spot:
image16-600x483.jpg

image17-600x489.jpg

image13-600x450.jpg

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Love mountain scenery. I live on the coast so everything around here is pretty flat. I posted this pic the other day after all of the snow, but it's the view from my back deck. The "creek" behind my house is called "Frog Stool Branch" and it feeds into the Machipongo River.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
If I had the views that some of you guys have (blindmansleeps, virginiacob, rangerearthpig) I would probably smoke out on the porch more, but I don't so I mainly stick to my man-cave.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Beautiful views guys! The view from my house is nothing special. I live at the foot of the Ocoee Mountains (Cherokee National Forest/ Appalachian Mountains), but unfortunately there's a ridge and a bunch of trees that block my view of Big Frog Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.