Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
If you listened to The Pipes Magazine Radio Show two weeks ago (Episode 79) you heard that Missouri Meerschaum will be coming out with their own brand of pipe tobaccos. You also heard that Russ Ouellette is the blender for the new line.
Now we have detailed information provided exclusively to PipesMagazine.com, not only on these new blends, but also on Russ's latest tribute to Balkan Sobranie - White Knight. Read about here.
Exclusive Preview: Tobaccos from Missouri Meerschaum & New Tribute to Balkan Sobranie
(Please copy / paste comments on the article as well as here. Thanks!)

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Russ brought samples of the MM blends to our meeting several months ago. Great stuff and long overdue for this iconic brand. Russ also brought White Knight for us to try at our last gathering. Another outstanding blend from the Dean of Blenders.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Fantastic! I really like the idea of MM getting their own tobacco blends. Looking forward to trying White Knight as well. And I'm also really excited to hear that the Marquee line is moving into European style tins! Great update all around!

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Country Gentleman and White Knight are going on my short list.
Anyone have a release date or did I skim read over that.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I'm just now finishing up my last bowl of White Knight in a MM Country Gentleman and can definitely say it's another winner for me ... Thanks for the preview sampler on IPSD!
Magnum Opus, Beverwyck, Sunjammer, Ambassador and now White Knight have all been great smokes.

The only one I still haven't tried that I'd like to is Black House.
Thanks Russ!

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I'm curious and maybe Russ can chime in.. is this new White Knight by chance the unnamed Marquee blend that was in the IPSD goodie box? If so, sign me up for a lot of it!

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Yes, WhiteKnight was the "mystery blend" in thr IPSD goodie bag. From the feedback I've gotten, I hope that the initial order will be enough.
Russ

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Hope there's enough for me to horde away a few tins. The sample was fantastic and I've been anxious to find out when I could get my hands on more.
With the new tinning format, does this mean there will be no more 8oz containers?

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
We might offer 8 oz. tins, but they would be the current tins. A better bet might be 100g vacuum-sealed tins like Mac Baren uses. Sales will let us know if it's justified.
Russ

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I'd be curious to hear how the "tribute" to Balkan Sobranie compares with the actual, current Balkan Sobranie, which is a phenomenal smoke.
Anyone tried both?
Bob

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
junkyard:
Black House was a tribute to Balkan Sobranie #975, also known as Balkan Sobranie "Black." It was a fuller version of the original Balkan Sobranie in the white tin.
Bob

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
I really like the tin art of the White Knight too. My bet is this will run the way of Gaslight on the release date, especially with the mystery sample fanfare and the release at the Chicago show.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hope these blends show up at the TAPS pipe show at the N.C. Fairgrounds on April 12, 2014. I'd love

to sample at least a couple of them. They sound like real pipe-smokers' blends.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
WhiteKnight will be available on our website on May 2nd, which is when the Chicago show begins.

I wish that I could make it to Raleigh this year, but we're short-handed here, and won't have our new employee in place in time.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.