PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I have gotten alot of tips from this site. I hope to learn alot more. But, I didnt know I would be stirring up a hornets nest with my last forum "Frank Method". What I have realized is, It's your pipe, smoke it the way you want to. Pack the bowl the way you see fit. And, if it brings you pleasure, you are doing it right.

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
Personally I do not think the Frank Method is any worse than any other method. It is just too messy for me. As far as stirring trouble, that last post was harmless, some people just get carried away.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Thats what made me feel bad about it baskerville59. Im gonna stick around and learn more though. I like the conversation on here. You cant just walk out the door of your home and talk about this stuff with anybody. LOL

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Thats what made me feel bad about it baskerville59. Im gonna stick around and learn more though. I like the conversation on here. You cant just walk out the door of your home and talk about this stuff with anybody. LOL

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Don't worry about it.If any of you buy a pipe,I will admire it!If you want to spend your life savings on it,and that makes you happy,I will admire those too.That being said,I got a new estate today.. 8)

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
That's right Baskerville, for me pipe smoking is about the hobby as much as the simple smoke. I enjoy looking at my pipes, holding them when they are empty, admiring the grain and architecture of the pieces I own, and even making them shine like new. If all I wanted was the smoke, I would smoke nothing but Captain Black Cigars.

nmbigfoot02

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2011
You did nothing wrong, I guess Ranger had other issues also. I guess he just doesn't take pipe smoking and collecting as serious as some of us do.
This. I'm not sure what he was expecting from a PIPE FORUM other than discussions about pipes and pipe related material.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Mp, I’m glad you’re here, made that post, and look forward to many more posts from you. You found something pipe related that worked for you and wanted to share it with the members of this fine forum. Yes, some, like me, may think the Frank method is silly but so what. If someone leaves over something like that, well, it just shows they were in the wrong place to begin with. This forum, to me, is a place to learn & share information about pipes & tobacco and how we smoke them. We should be supportive in both praise and constructive criticism of our brothers and sisters in this common passion and hobby.
Like baskerville mentioned, it is obvious that Ranger had some personal issues. For him to lump all the members of this forum into his ridiculous views of what he thinks we are about or what he thinks we should only be about, is neither truthful nor useful.
Frank on brother!

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Reminds me of another member who left when a few people saidd they didnt like Dunhills :rofl:

There are obviously some underlying issues.

What I find funny is their need to anounce an exit.... Just go, nobodys gonna miss you that much !

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I enjoy my pipe and the company I keep on this site makes me laugh at times . And that is good enough for me .I have learned so much from other people on here about pipes and tobacco Iam indebted to all . I like that there are very few snobs here . And that a plain White Grabow pipe smokes as well as a Dunhill if not better at times .That a bowl of CBW is just as good as a ten year old tin of Three Nuns . I have learned that what I type can sometimes be harmfull and you can always say you are sorry . Just be yourself and share what you think and others will help make you wiser and maybe even change your mindset . But most of all have fun . :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.