PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmbigfoot02

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2011
assaad said:
Who did that?
Search for the "Why are Dunhills so costly?" thread. He basically did the intellectual equivalent of taking his ball and going home.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
People seem to forget that a man's (or woman's, of course!) choice of pipe is a reflection of the man himself. These days, a pipe is no longer but a simple tool that we use for the consumption of tobacco, but rather an extension of ones personality. Sherlock Holmes had it right, you can tell alot about personality from looking at ones choice of smoker - be it briar, clay, cob, or meer - and as such, it only makes sense that people over-react to innocuous comments.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I've never understood why people didn't do what they liked (other than work and family) and I've never understood people who crawled up other people's assholes for doing it differently. That being said, I do love friendly debate and learning why someone likes something different. There's a large and happy medium between conformity and snobbery.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Enjoy what makes you happy . I love Peterson pipes. Some folks find fault with them 'S OK. I don't care for Dunhill pipes, 'S OK too. Others love 'em. I smoke Lakelands. Some say they taste like bath soap. 'S OK too. It is all a matter of personal taste and enjoyment. Have your fun. Don't hassle someone else having his (or hers).

As Oscar Wilde said : “Life is too important to be taken seriously.”

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I didn't realize that Frank Method thread was such a hot bed of controversy? I never bothered to check it out.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I'll take a look at that next. I will reserve any further comment on the Frank thread at this point.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I don't get people that flip out when a topic is brought up. If you don't like it don't read it, don't reply to it...there are many topics i dont reply on because they don't interest me...I'm not gonna go all apeshit and quit, i'll just go to the next thread and read it...I don't care if you have 1 pipe or 1,000,000 or if you smoke 1 tobacco or 50,000 tobaccos...IT DOSEN'T MATTER to me...we all smoke pipes and we all enjoy them, that's what matters

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
How dare you make fun of the Frank method?? Why you little... I oughta..
:lol:

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
My son when he was 13 or 14 told a girl who was being a bit snobbish. "Life is long, and if you keep taking it that seriously. It will be very boring. "

Status
Not open for further replies.