PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockdown199

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 28, 2013
About two weeks ago I ordered a Peterson Dracula 68 and when I opened the box I gave it a quick once over and noticed the hole in the bowl was drilled off to the right, I put the pipe away and made a mental note to send a e-mail. After about a week I sent a e-mail and told them what was going on with the pipe I received, living about 45 minutes away I took a ride and they took care of the problem by exchanging for a new pipe. Also I've got to say what a place they have there, great pipe selection, tobacco selection and a great smoking lounge. I might have to join their Pipe and Cigar club.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hmmm... nice story with a happy ending, and for that I'm glad.

But the specter of Peterson's lax quality control raises its ugly head once more.
I can see where drilling a hawkbill or a Canadian could be a little tricky, but a Peterson 68?

002-029-18049.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
lockdown, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Peterson, but glad to hear that

Cup O Joe made it right. I've always been pleased with Cup O Joe's service, and I especially

appreciate their inventory. They seem to carry a somewhat unique array of pipes. I feel I

can get things there I can't find other places. I also like their house blends, especially Cup O

Joes #5. If I get up to their area, I will surely stop by. I have five Petersons, and all of them

are nicely crafted and good smoking pipes, but I have read a number of complaints about

their quality control.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've been to that store a few times and was always received nicely. And I've bought two Pete's from them as well. Good one on them!

estumpf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2013
I was on P & C's site and they seem to have pipes for sale.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
I've been meaning to make the hour long trip to Joe's. Looks like I'll have to schedule it soon.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
The P&C website and the Habana brick and mortar in Albany are no longer affiliated. When the web business packed up and left for greener pastures and lower taxes in PA, they took the majority of the stock with them. I believe that is what Al refers.
I've been to Cup O Joes once and they were extremely nice. It's always good to hear about a positive customer service experience.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Cup o Joe's is a fine outfit. I've never been to the B&M but I've done some business with them online. The majority of my Peterson collection came from them. Today I placed a TAD order for some restock for the cellar and some new blends to try. If only they would offer free ground shipping for orders over $100 they would be golden in my book.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Of course, buying tobacco, in New York, is a non-starter for sure.
Yeah, NY is a killer on tobacco tax. I'll stick with 4noggins for tobacco. But it is much nicer to buy pipes in person. I can't get a feel for a pipe when I shop online. Of course, gas prices also limit road trips.

lockdown199

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 28, 2013
I'm pretty close to the B+M in Albany and they do have a pretty good selection on pipes and tobac but the prices are just what they are HIGH! I'll be in SC at the end of the month and I'll hit the B+M their to restock and maybe by a couple pipes, I did read a few posts in regards to Peterson and I'm very happy COJ's did me right.

Status
Not open for further replies.