Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
WeatherBug.jpg

glad I am not forced to smoke outside today

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Are you being held captive? :) I will never understand how/why humans choose to live in such inhospitable climates. It goes against nature. But I guess so does the internet... Brrr!!! Count me out!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Impressive! It's a balmy 1F here in Ottawa. Bikini weather... :mrgreen:

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Feels like 7 degrees Fahrenheit for me.
Still not too bad, but not exactly comfortable either.

Aug 1, 2012
I hear ya on the cold. Last week it was -18°F before the wind chill. Better still, I had outdoor supervision for 2 days in that.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
A wind chill advisory is in effect for Northwest Wisconsin until 9am tomorrow morning!! Actual temperatures will reach -20 overnight. Some schools have already decided to start school late tomorrow. Keep updated on the air and online at http://www.wjmcradio.com/closings.asp. Be safe, stay warm!!
Another chilly one in store for tonight :x

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I kinda like it when it's that cold. You go out and that first inhale through the nostrils freezes... Nothing quite like it! Of course, it's brutal cold, but I wouldn't trade my cold winters for anything!
-Jason

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Pfff ... tomorrow we'll have -22 F feels like -42 F. And I will sit all packed up in coats and a blanket outside and enjoy my pipe. Big bonus: in this weather my pipes are never smoking hot ... ;-)

pipebreath

Lurker
Dec 30, 2012
You guys don't know the meaning of cold.
We have had snow on the ground since the beginning of October.
Went for over 30 days without getting higher than -10*C (14 F) was at least -20*c every night.
Last week was the first time since November we got warm enough to melt snow, the heat wave lasted 3 whole days. Enough heat that I only had a foot and a half of snow in the back yard at the end of it. Then it snowed the next 3 days now I have two and a half feet of snow again.
I regularly shovel snow without gloves on when it is -30*c (-22*F)
I don't count "wind chill" either.
I don't consider where i live to be "cold" I reserve that for the people who live in the Arctic.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Are you being held captive?
lol!
Here in VT it gets cold. Wednesday's high is -1F, minus -15F at night. Old Vermonters will tell you they can remember days hitting -50F, so all in all, it's tolerable. In fact, when it hits 30 you'll see some guys around here wearing shorts (not me though).

Wellington

Dec 31, 2012
-9 cold? I'm used to -35 C (-31 F) without the wind chill being cold . . . which is about what its been here recently, or about -30. Most winters we get several days of -40 C (-40 F) or colder without the windchill around here, with the wind chill sometimes -55 C. Thats too freaken cold for me. Anything below -30 is too cold for me . . . but what can you do, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.