PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
I ordered a tin of Hearth and Home Egg nog tobacco online today in celebration of Christmas! I cant wait for it to get here so I can try it out and celebrate the Christmas season.
I was just wondering, does anyone else have any favorite seasonal tobaccos?

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
I always go for Petersons Christmas special, it is called Holiday Season 2011 and comes in a festive tin and smells like Christmas Pudding and smokes really well. Don't buy it if you don't like aromatics.

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
I have been smoking the Petersons Holiday Season 2011 for the past few days and it smell great when opening the tin. The room note is quite sweet and brings and nice scent in the house around this time of year. I have a few tins of the McClelland Christmas Cheer, 2010 and 2011 but I haven't opened them yet...

futureman

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2011
Ohio (Displaced Central Texan)
I splurged on Peterson's 2011 Christmas Special. I like aros, but this is a bit too cloying for even me. My wife and kids like it, though, so I smoke it when they're around. Never thought I would be so critical of a well-loved aromatic. Maybe my tastes are changing?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm not permitted by the Mrs. to order the Peterson Holiday 2011 blend until after Christmas lol. I'm hoping this means a tin of it will show up in my stocking. Right now I'm smoking more of McClelland's Best of Show which is a nougat/caramel flavoured blend that goes well this time of year. Also smoking more De Luxe Mixture from Peterson which has a nice vanilla/walnut falvour. Very nutty, very festive taste. And finishing off some samples of Christmas Blend from '09 and '10 of Peterson's.

misternoah

Lurker
Nov 29, 2011
I'm not a huge fan of aromatics (more of an English/latakia-blend man), but it does seem like a nice mild Christmas blend is the thing this time of year especially if you're indoors. Maybe I should give one a try.
Any suggestions for a Christmas blend that's not quite as aromatic? How is McClelland's Holiday/Christmas Cheer on that scale?

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
misternoah....
I have the same preference as you. I find that the McClelland's blend has a very nutty pecan, bitter (good) dark chocolate, cinnamon aroma that I loved as it is not sweet. Very full aroma and lots of billowy smoke. I would think this is the perfect Holiday aro for the person that doesn't smoke aro's regularly but wants that special Holiday blend.

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
I love Holiday Spirit, I have a few tins of Christmas Cheer a very good smoke the older the better on this one it ages well. I just ordered Some Peterson Holiday looking forward to trying it.

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
Bought a tin of McLelland's 2010 Holiday Spirit. We'll see if it gets smoked on Xmas day.

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
so the egg nog tobacco came today! i couldn't even resist, i went straight out to my porch and smoked a bowl.
ive got to say it was pretty delicious!

it had hardly any bite at all and burned really well. if anything it was a bit too sweet for my liking, but a perfect tobacco for when i have a sweet tooth.

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
My tentative plan is to open one tin of Christmas Cheer at Christmas every year. I've got a 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, and an 11.

But this year, I've got a Jar of the original '92 that has a few more smokes in it, just for the special occasions. This stuff ages like Hellen Mirren.

chandlerjr

Lurker
Dec 14, 2011
Hey guys,

Where can you buy McClelland's either on-line or perhaps at a store in the St. Louis area (if anyone lives in St. Louis)? Can't buy it or Petersons anywhere in Springfield, Illinois. We are
Pipe Tobacco challenged
in my town.

Chandlerjr

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
The best prices from the sites I've ordered from seem to be either smokingpipes.com and pipesandcigars.com. I'm pretty sure they both carry loads of McClelland's. I've had very good experiences with both of those e-tailers too. And they're sponsors! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.