Pipes Magazine » Pipe Events

Tags:   

Chicago Pipe Show 2018 - Official Picture Thread

(96 posts)
  1. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

For those who like to plan ahead, the show is May 5th & 6th. Actually, things will start on Wed the 2nd!

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the heads-up winton. I edited your post, we can see the image now and deleted your second post.

Javan
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. zack24

zack24

Mod

Login to Send PM

I paid for my table before the show was over!

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The 2017 show was sold out at the end of the 2016 show. There is still tables available for 2018.

In related news, I asked for vacation for the 2018 show, the day I returned to work from the 2017 show. I hope my boss wrote that down on the calendar.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. saltedplug

saltedplug

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When I started I greeted pipe shows with exultation, but I soon leaned that window shopping was not my style, as I never had much money to spend. I still don't. Were I to go to Chicago I would not do so with less than $5K-$10K in my pocket. To have within my grasp hundreds of such beautiful objects without the ability to take home 2 or 3 is not going to wash.

So I go to none of them.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

atilanopipes

Login to Send PM

Who do I talk to about getting a table? Been trying to get ahold of Craig Cobine, with no success.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

THE CHICAGO SCHOOL OF PIPE MAKING

REGISTRATION 2018

WE ARE OFFERING TWO CLASSES FOR 2018
    1. The pipe finishing class for 12 students. $125
    2. The pipe drilling/stem fitting class for 4 students. $175, which includes the pipe finishing class.

The pipe finishing class includes a pre-drilled block which you will finish under the guidance of our professional pipe makers LEE ERCK and ANDREW PETERSEN. JEFF GRACIK and ERNIE MARKLE will join our instruction staff, this year.

Beginners are welcome. Our faculty of professionals will make sure that you make a pipe that you will be proud to own! There will be a total of 12 students, of which 4 will also take the drilling class.

The pipe drilling/stem making class is limited to students who have completed the pipe finishing class in a previous year. This class includes a block and stem that you will drill and fit and a pre-drilled block that you will also finish.

Please note that you are not registered until payment is made.
    Please complete the following form and mail to Craig Cobine, 1567 Pine Lake Drive, Naperville, IL 60564. Make your check payable to “CPCC”. You may also email your registration to Craig Cobine at porshcigar@aol.com But you still must pay to complete your registration

Pipe finishing class $125.00

Name: _________________________

Telephone: _____________________

Email: ________________________

Pipe drilling class $175.00

Name: _________________________

Telephone: _____________________

Email: ________________________

Year in which you completed finishing class: ________

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's true, a pipe show always ends up in purchases, usually more than planned. If you can't control that within reason, best not go. However, if you can budget it and have in mind what you are looking for, often you can get some excellent deals. One year I went to find a panel and found two, an unfinished Sav and then a hand-carved Jerry Perry. Another year, making my second round of the tables at the end of the day, I was admiring what was left on the late Bob Hayes' table, and he astonished me with a price on a bamboo shank straight Dublin I was admiring. Another time, smokingpipes brought a Luciano to the show to save me shipping and gave me a pipe show discount besides, about a half or a third of what the pipe would cost unsmoked today. So it is a calculated risk. Don't go broke. But if you can exercise some restraint, you can often find some good deals. Ironically, growing up in the Chicago area, I've never been to that show, but have enjoyed the TAPS show in N.C.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. zack24

zack24

Mod

Login to Send PM

professional pipe makers LEE ERCK and ANDREW PETERSEN. JEFF GRACIK and ERNIE MARKLE

Now that's an all star cast of instructors!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. sasquatch

sasquatch

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I learned everything I know from Bernie Garble. He's the best!

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I took the finishing class in 2016. Now I appreciate how much work goes into these pipes.

mso489, My strategy is to have cash in pocket. When the pocket is empty, I can't buy anything else.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If anyone needs me in exactly six months, I suggest looking for me in the smoking tent!

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

DEADLINE FOR MASTER OF PIPES NOMINATIONS EXTENDED TO DEC. 31

Pipes and tobaccos magazine is again this year pleased to join the Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club (CPCC) and the Doctors of Pipes in sponsoring the annual Master of Pipes awards, to be presented at the CPCC cigar dinner of the Chicagoland Pipe & Tobacciana Show on May 5, 2018.

The title Master of Pipes, first conferred at the 2017 Chicago show, is an annual recognition of select pipe smokers and members of the tobacco industry who have contributed significantly to our hobby but who have not yet been active in the pipe community for 20 years or more (a requirement for the Doctor of Pipes award). The first Masters of Pipes named were David Shain and Sykes Wilford.

Qualifications for the Master of Pipes award are the same as those for the Doctor of Pipes award except the service requirement is reduced to seven years and an age cutoff is stipulated to encourage younger pipe activists, who are an increasingly important part of our community. Therefore, the Master of Pipes is open only to individuals who are 45 years old or younger as of Jan. 1 of the year of the award.

New Masters of Pipes are elected by current Doctors of Pipes. P&T magazine will serve as the front line for receiving nominations to be considered.

Readers are encouraged to submit nominations, in accordance with the following rules:

• Master of Pipes nominees must have at least seven demonstrable years in the hobby and/or the industry.
    • Nominees must prove their age will be 45 years or less as of Jan. 1, 2018.
    • Nominees must be engaged in activities that promote pipes/pipe tobacco and support the pipe community.
    • Individuals may not nominate themselves, although cooperation in the process will be necessary by both submitters and candidates.
    • As with the Doctor of Pipes award, two Masters of Pipes will be conferred. One will be in the industry category, for people working in pipes — retail, manufacturing, distribution, photography, publishing — anything that earns the nominee a living within the pipe community. The other Master of Pipes award will encompass hobbyists.
    • As previously stated, recipients will be awarded at the CPCC cigar dinner during the Chicagoland Pipe & Tobacciana Show on May 5, 2018. Please note that attendance is mandatory.
    • A committee chosen by P&T magazine will review nominations and submit five to the Doctors of Pipes, who will review the candidates’ qualifications and choose the winners.
    • At the show, each winner will receive a framed certificate and a lapel pin indicating his or her selection as a Master of Pipes.
    • A Master of Pipes is eligible for a Doctor of Pipes award in the future.

To nominate a deserving pipe smoker, please send a letter listing the nominee’s qualifications. Include his or her contact information (telephone number and email address required), birth date and the length of time the person has been active in the hobby. Send nominations to:

Pipes and tobaccos magazine
    Master of Pipes
    901 Jones Franklin Road, Suite 102
    Raleigh, NC 27606

Or, preferably, you may send your nomination via email to wcn@pipesandtobaccosmagazine.com.

Remember to write the nomination honestly and to the full advantage of the candidate, including the person’s contributions to the hobby. This is what will primarily be used to judge acceptability, so please be thorough. Nominations that do not include contact information (both email and telephone number) for both the submitter and the candidate will be disregarded. We will research the candidates and find the best five that we can to forward to the Doctors for final selection. Nominations must be received on or before Sunday, Dec. 31, 2017. Please forward questions via email to William C. Nelson, wcn@pipesandtobaccosmagazine.com.

The award will be covered in the pages of P&T magazine, including photos of the winners. If possible, the new Masters of Pipes will be featured on the cover of the magazine (dependent, among other factors, upon the photogenic charms of the people involved).

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If any of our Mods meet the criteria, let me, or Kevin know.

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The UPCA National Pipe Smoking Contest is going to happen in the Smoking Tent on Sunday May 6th at 1:00! A picture of the contest pipe is on their website. Full details have not been posted yet. I have already registered and paid!

http://unitedpipeclubs.org/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=90797&item_id=766937

Posted 10 months ago #
  16. briarblues

briarblues

Login to Send PM

Winton;

Just booked my room and flight. Haven't been able to attend since 2012. Looking forward to the show.

Regards
    Michael J. Glukler

Posted 10 months ago #
  17. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Today, I am announcing that the Chicago Bowl will be flake tobacco with latakia! This could be a coin, regular flake, or broken flake. There will be several blends, without labels, available for tasting. Vote for the one you enjoy the most. Saturday afternoon the voting will be completed and later we will announce the winner by the popular vote.

In future years, we plan on exploring Virginia and Vaper flakes. If you have not tried a flake, do a search on YouTube for flake preparation. There are lots of ways to smoke a flake.

Posted 9 months ago #
  18. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Could we have a contest, "Flakes smoking flakes"?? I'd sign up for sure.

But reminds me of an actual question I've re slow smoking contests. That is, the rule prohibiting tamping unless the pipe is clenched. What started that? Is there an advantage to the normal way of tamping (which for me, normal is with the pipe in one hand, tamper in the other, looking at the chamber.)

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 9 months ago #
  19. lightmybriar

lightmybriar

Login to Send PM

If I were to only be able to attend on the last day, the 6th, would it still be a big scene, or does the show dwindle down significantly by that time?

On a pipe adventure
    Steve
    Posted 9 months ago #
  20. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The slow smoke contest requires the pipe be in your mouth when you tamp. Basically, they don't want you to surgically move one twig of tobacco around and only burn one piece at a time.

The show is fairly slow on Wed, building to Friday / Saturday and then tapers down on Sunday and Monday morning. There is still fun things happening on Sunday. Also, that is when lots of deals are made. Cash is easier to haul home than briar.

Posted 9 months ago #
  21. midwestpipesmoker70

midwestpipesmoker70

Login to Send PM

I am looking forward to this years show. It has been a couple of years since the last one I attended. Not sure how much money I will be able to spend...come on tax return! I haven't decided on the slow smoke contest. I have never participated before.

Nate
    Posted 9 months ago #
  22. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

THE CHICAGO FEAST
    HERE ARE THE CHOICES FOR OUR 2018 SATURDAY NIGHT BANQUET.
    MENU SALAD AND BREAD:Field greens salad: romaine, California iceberg and baby greens garnished with English cucumbers, tear drop tomatoes and julienne vegetables with selection of Ranch or Italian dressing.Chef's selection of hearth baked breads and rolls served with creamery butter.

MAIN COURSE SELECTIONS AVAILABLE:Roasted Prime Rib of Beef (8 oz.) served with natural Au Jus and creamy horseradish sauce. $50.00
    Chicken Alexandra - pan seared and brushed with honey mustard and crusted in pecans, walnuts and sun dried cranberries, set on sautéed baby spinach with calvados buerre blanc. $47.00
    Salmon Americana - pan seared and topped with shrimp and scallops with lobster creme. $47.00
    Roasted Vegetable Pasta - portobello mushrooms, zucchini, asparagus, baby bokchoy and grilled artichokes nestled on a bed of pappardelle pasta. Complimented with a sun dried tomato asiago broth. $42.00
    DESSERT:Alternating settings of flourless chocolate cake and New York cheesecake with raspberry infusion in a graham cracker crust.Coffee, decaf/instant coffee, tea and iced tea.A cash bar will be available.

Everyone attending the dinner will be entered in a drawing for a box of fine cigars donated by five dinner sponsors.Please make you dinner selections in advance.

DINNER RESERVATION FORM:NAME: ______________________________________________Number of dinners Amount due_______ of Roasted Prime Rib of Beef dinners @ $50.00 = $________________ of Chicken Alexandra dinners @ $47.00 = $________________ of Salmon Americana dinners @ $47.00 = $________________ of Roasted Vegetable Pasta dinners @ $42.00 = $_________Total amount due for all dinners reserved = S_________

DINNERS MUST BE ORDERED AND PAID BEFORE 5 PM SATURDAYMAY 5, 2018

Posted 8 months ago #
  23. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think the "New York" pipe show in New Jersey, and the "Chicago" pipe show in St. Charles, Illinois are the two largest in the U.S., aren't they? But there are a number of excellent shows around the country, and the North Carollina TAPS show next Saturday, April 7, is one of the best. I'll have to confer with my budget to see if I can make it, but when I've gone, it has been first rate.

Posted 8 months ago #
  24. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

THE CHICAGOLAND INTERNATIONAL PIPE & TOBACCIANA SHOW
    2018 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

WEDNESDAY May 2, 2018
    9 am Pipe Making Seminar, Mega Center Annex, Pre-registration required
    12 pm Chicago Pipe Show 6,000 square foot smoking tent opens

THURSDAY May 3, 2018
    8 am Pipe Making Seminar, Mega Center Annex, Pre-registration required
    4 pm International Charatan Collectors Society, Turquoise Room (Tower)

FRIDAY May 4, 2018
    9 am – 4 pm, Smoke and Swap, Tent (6 am vendor line up, 8 am set up)
    9 am Chicago Bowl, the pipe smoker’s award for English Flakes opens in the tent.
    9:30 am – 4:30 pm Champagne Limo to Premium Outlet Mall, Hotel Lobby
    12 pm – 5 pm Welcome Table, Hotel across from indoor/outdoor pool
    3 pm UPCA Annual Meeting, Ruby Room (Tower)
    4 pm Heroines of the Pipes, Manduela and Ann Julie video
    7 pm – 10 pm Welcome Buffet Dinner, St. Charles Ballroom
    7:30 pm presentations at Welcome Dinner
    9: 00 pm What Most Pipemen Don’t know about Peterson: McCardle Suite
    9 pm Ladies’ Tobacco Related Arts & Craft Program, Turquoise Room (Tower)
    9 pm Pipe Repairmen Roundtable, Sapphire Room (Tower)

SATURDAY May 5, 2018
    7 am Exhibitor Set up, Mega Center
    10 am – 5pm Chicago Pipe Show, Mega Center
    9 am Chicago Bowl, the pipe smoker’s award tor English Flakes opens in the Show.
    11 am – 3+ pm Silent Auction, Mega Center
    12 pm Private Ladies’ Luncheon for Exhibitors, St Charles Ballroom Salons 5 & 6
    7 pm The Chicago Feast banquet, New Orleans Ballroom
    9 pm Doctor of Pipes Meeting, Arnold Palmer Suite (Tower)

SUNDAY MAY 6, 2018
    6:30 – 9:30 am Pipe Show Breakfast, St Charles Ballroom, Salons I, III, IV
    8 am Study of Tobacco in the Bible (Tent)
    8 am Exhibitor Set up, Mega Center
    9 am – 5pm Chicago Pipe Show, Mega Center
    11 am Chicago Bowl, the pipe smoker’s award for English Flake ends..
    12 pm Show Awards Presentation, Mega Center
    1 pm UPCA United States of America National Pipe Smoking Championship, Tent

MONDAY MAY 7, 2018
    8 am – 12 pm Post Show, Terrace Café Area

Please keep in mind that all of the above activities are subject to change or cancellation, even at the last minute, due to illness or unforeseen circumstances.

Posted 8 months ago #
  25. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I will be there. Got all my travel plans booked.

I know what I need, smoke, I can't recall the last time I tasted it....Gandalf in the mines of Moria.

"we shall have to share pipes, as good friends must at a pinch'....'I keep a treasure or two near my skin, as precious as rings to me. Here's one: my old wooden pipe. And here's another an unused one...He held up a small pipe with a wide flattened bowl, and handed it to Gimli. 'Does that settle the score between us', said Merry. 'Most noble hobbit, it leaves me deep in your debt."
    Posted 8 months ago #
  26. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

Dave, I hope you are taking your camera (at least smartphone) with you.

Posted 8 months ago #
  27. ocpsdan

Dan

Login to Send PM

Looking forward to another great show! See you guys there.

Posted 8 months ago #
  28. spartan99

spartan99

Login to Send PM

Thanks for posting the schedule. See you all there.

Posted 8 months ago #
  29. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah I'll be taking some pics and video. Also planning to bring a very aged tin of Virginia Woods to crack open and share.

Posted 8 months ago #
  30. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Be traveling with Shaintiques. I’m getting pretty excited.

Jason
    Posted 8 months ago #
  31. mikethompson

mikethompson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Someone please make a post with plenty of pictures after the fact, or even a thread, just so that those of us who are living vicariously can join in.

Posted 8 months ago #
  32. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was at Pheasant Run on Wed. Sorry no pictures. Simply a planning meeting. A guy on another forum, said he was at Pheasant Run this weekend. Perhaps I will meet him there tomorrow. I can't wait to see so many of my friends in a few weeks.

Posted 8 months ago #
  33. michaelmirza

Michael Mirza

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I haven't made it to a meeting of the Chicago Pipe Club since last April, because of moving, having a baby, and seeming to always have unmovable events on club nights. Excited to see you and the other club members at the show, John!

Sometimes I take pictures: http://instagram.com/michael_mirza
    Posted 8 months ago #
  34. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Mike, the April meeting will be at 8 to 8. The owner now has two locations. The May meeting will be at the new location in the northern suburbs. Always welcome to see you, but we don't want you to go to the wrong location.

Posted 8 months ago #
  35. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Smokingpipes published a story about the last pipe that Lars Ivarsson made, before he died. This has been donated to the silent auction for the Chicago Pipe Show. The link is below. We would like to thank the Ivarsson family for their support and generosity.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/smokingpipesblog/single.cfm/post/one-last-gift

Posted 7 months ago #
  36. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yesterday, the Chicago Pipe Show opened! The pipe finishing class has started. I met several pipe makers that I have seen each year. There was a small crowd in the tent last night. The guys at the table I was sitting at discussed pipes, tobacco, work, motorcycles, travel, wives, and all the other topics that men talk about. The torrential rain was interesting, but the tent was dry.

The crowd will start getting bigger tonight and MUCH bigger the rest of the weekend. Be sure to talk to me if you see me. I am the bald guy, with a grey hair and beard. I probably will be smoking a pipe.

Posted 7 months ago #
  37. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

I am the bald guy, with a grey hair and beard. I probably will be smoking a pipe.

Sean Connery?

Posted 7 months ago #
  38. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

I updated the title to be the official picture thread for the 2018 show, so show those pix!

My buddy Dave is there on his bike, and definitely not digging the rain (BIG dud, BIG beard).

Al

Posted 7 months ago #
  39. pianopuffer

pianopuffer

Login to Send PM

Where are the pics!? As someone who cannot attend this year, I was hoping for some lovely pipe porn. This thread misled me.....

Posted 7 months ago #
  40. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

We need pix! No, really!

The past is never dead. It's not even past--Requiem for a Nun
    Posted 7 months ago #
  41. craiginthecorn

craiginthecorn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

OK, I'll break the logjam. This is a photo of me and Jon David Cole from The Country Squire. I have a couple photos from the pipe finishing class I'll share later after I get them out of my camera.

Posted 7 months ago #
  42. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A proud Npod with his new Suhr pipe. The maker, Johannes Rasmussen, is also proud to take a selfie with its new owner. Tom Eltang cutting up in the background.

Neal
    Posted 7 months ago #
  43. jamban

jamban

Login to Send PM

Thanks for sharing photos!

Posted 7 months ago #
  44. mrenglish

mrenglish

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Eltang photo bomb!

Michael
    Posted 7 months ago #
  45. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Posted 7 months ago #
  46. jamban

jamban

Login to Send PM

Ooh...

Posted 7 months ago #
  47. jamban

jamban

Login to Send PM

I know a whole lot of people will probably ask, but i'll ask anyway.

Is there anyone at Chicago that can and want to help me get a few McClelland tins at those once-upon-a-time prices?

Posted 7 months ago #
  48. morgansteele

morgansteele

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the photos. My jaw dropped when I saw the McClleland photo. Very cool of IWR to hold back some tobacco. Would love to pick up a few tins of what I missed, like Grey Havens I spent this morning jarring up a batch of tobacco I ordered from Motzek so all is not lost.

Posted 7 months ago #
  49. pianopuffer

pianopuffer

Login to Send PM

+1 on the McClellend pic. Wowzer. I would also be mighty glad to get some from a willing participant, although this is a long shot.
    Enjoy everyone!

Posted 7 months ago #
  50. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Posted 7 months ago #
  51. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Posted 7 months ago #
  52. 3rdguy

3rdguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I skipped the McClellend stuff but got some smokers havens. No limit on those. Picked up my 1st Sav 320 also. I could only spend a few hours there but next year I will plan better. Great show and a great location. Thanks to all the workers for putting it together.

Posted 7 months ago #
  53. jaytex969

jaytex969

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like the hand made "Crappy Pipes" sign in the background of one photo.

Gunner, Black Frigate. Say "Hello" to my little friend!
    Posted 7 months ago #
  54. buckaroo

buckaroo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow, great pics, guys. Thanks for posting.

Posted 7 months ago #
  55. seacaptain

seacaptain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

McClelland for $13 and $22? Wow.

Posted 7 months ago #
  56. balkisobrains

balkisobrains

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

=O Too bad that's Cyprian Star and not Syrian Star, though. =D

Posted 7 months ago #
  57. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

I like the hand made "Crappy Pipes" sign in the background of one photo.

The owner is the husband of Scottie Piersel if I am not mistaken.

Posted 7 months ago #
  58. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great pix! Hope y'all have a great show!

Posted 7 months ago #
  59. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonas

Login to Send PM

Thanks for sharing those pics. Glad to see a vendor selling McClelland for a reasonable price. Wish I was there to add some to the cellar.

Posted 7 months ago #
  60. philobeddoe

Philo Beddoe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thank you gentlemen for sharing these pics, I almost choked on my coffee when I saw the McClelland prices!

"So it goes." - K.V.
    Posted 7 months ago #
  61. jamban

jamban

Login to Send PM

Show us some Crappy Pipes!

Posted 7 months ago #
  62. hoosierpipeguy

hoosierpipeguy

Login to Send PM

Posted 7 months ago #
  63. hoosierpipeguy

hoosierpipeguy

Login to Send PM

Posted 7 months ago #
  64. hoosierpipeguy

hoosierpipeguy

Login to Send PM

Me giving Paulson (Son of Paul who makes Larryson pipes) $200 for the first pipe he ever carved.

A bit later, the Paulson pipe seeing it's first smoke.

Posted 7 months ago #
  65. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Shots from the smoking tent last night. This is where you meet great dudes and gals. It’s like Disney Land for a pipe smoker. At any time you can just walk around smoking a pipe and talk to like minded people without having to explain yourself. Everyone “gets it” here. And for those who don’t know, you can smoke in the rooms also. Lots of after hour parties going on.

Posted 7 months ago #
  66. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hoosier above is a great guy. We smoked together and he was seriously happy with the Paulson pipe.

Posted 7 months ago #
  67. hoosierpipeguy

hoosierpipeguy

Login to Send PM

3 Generations of Larryson. Father Larry, Son Paul (who carves the Larryson pipes) and Isaac who is 12 and carves the Paulson pipes. You'd be hard pressed to find 3 finer people.

Posted 7 months ago #
  68. hoosierpipeguy

hoosierpipeguy

Login to Send PM

The second Paulson pipe I purchased, a nice blast Devil's Anse.

My first Larryson purchase, his Sequoia Bark carve.

Posted 7 months ago #
  69. hoosierpipeguy

hoosierpipeguy

Login to Send PM

My Second Larryson pipe purchased at the show.

Posted 7 months ago #
  70. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Smokingpipes.com pre show party on Thursday. This was like the Who’s Who of the pipe world. Great event put on by a great company.

Friday pre show tables (first come first serve) and chances to venders that didn’t have a table at the main show (and some who did).

Posted 7 months ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   johnbarleycorn, milehighpiper, teufelhunden, loadclear, bryguysc, crashthegrey, canucklehead, weezell, ssjones, timt, jpmcwjr, pianopuffer, prairiedruid, pipehunter, philairfoil, rodo