PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spragu

Lurker
Mar 27, 2013
So i'm new to cherry pipe tobaccos. i've been smoking a pipe for about a year now. I was wondering if anyone knows what the best cherry tobacco is. I also was wondering if it is worth getting a corn cob pipe to smoke it out of as to not ghost my briar pipe. Any suggestions?

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
1. It is worth getting a cob even if you never put a cherry blend in it, they are actually pretty good smokers.
2. Most(myself included) stay away from cherry blends as they often aren't very good. They usually have a cough syrup taste. Many say that Boswell Cherry Blends are good, but I haven't tried them. A lot of people also like MacBaren 7 Seas Red. I didn't like 7 Seas Red, but you might

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
1. It is worth getting a cob even if you never put a cherry blend in it, they are actually pretty good smokers.
2. Most(myself included) stay away from cherry blends as they often aren't very good. They usually have a cough syrup taste. Many say that Boswell Cherry Blends are good, but I haven't tried them. A lot of people also like MacBaren 7 Seas Red. I didn't like 7 Seas Red, but you might

wolfie90

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2012
Huntington wv
I always liked the Middleton cherry you get in the white pouch. But then again I like a lot of the OTC blends. But yes you should 100% get a cob. They come in handy and I smoke mine weekly plus I use them when trying out any new blend.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
And you can make cobs fancy!The stems on cobs are cheap, but Walker Briar Works makes stems,called Forever Stems, for cobs out of vulcanite an acrylic.
Here's my Forever Stemed cob:

102_5854_zps9bf26228.jpg

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I think I responded in the other thread too, but Top Black Cherry for sure and dedicate a pipe to whatever you choose. I use my Mr. Brog for cherry blends...

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
The best cherry I've ever tried is Rattray's Terry Red. But know going in that you're actually going to be tasting tobacco first, cherry (and vanilla) second. It's a high quality blend that doesn't have much in common with most typical cherry aromatics. (Which kind of tells you how I feel about most cherry aromatics, I guess. . . :) )
Bob

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
Sutliffs St. George is actually a decent cherry blend, it’s a bit dull, but you do get a nice black cherry note on the back of your palate; at least in my opinion. Also some of the PS bulk cherry blends are nice, I for one enjoyed the Cherry Cavendish, very little bite at all and the Cavendish really adds a nice dark chocolate nuances to the blend.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
My favorite cherry blends are Hobbit's Weed by Tewksbury & Co. and any of the Boswell blends.These are pretty much the only cherry blends I will smoke but I have not tried the Cherry Cavendish mentioned above I may have to try it out.I was on a cherry kick a while back just to see if there was a good one out there and alot of them do have a cough syrup taste.The ones that I suggested did not.Atleast in my opinion they do not.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Definitely get a corncob pipe or two (Missouri Meerschaum of course), and not just for sampling.

They set off any tobacco. Remember that MM cobs come in both filtered and unfiltered, so be

sure you are getting the one you want. I recently sampled my first cherry aromatic, Altadis

Wild Cherry. I have been smoking on and off for decades, and the idea was not appealing, sort

of keyed my gag reflex. But Altadis Wild Cherry seems mostly Cavendish with the cherry in the

fragrance only, so no gagging from me. It is a good experience, and I won't give my sample away.

Maybe blend it a little too.

Status
Not open for further replies.