PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
I wanted to see on here if we can have some fun by seeing if we can see how many celebs smoke pipes.Im sure some of us will say i didnt know he smoked a pipe or she did so im going to start off with douglas barder fighter ace battle britain ww2 but i dont know what pipe he had :)

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Andie MacDowell. There's a pipe babe for ya!
andiemacdowell.jpg

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Cool Vincent Price! If you guys ever see his cook book around for cheap buy it. I found one at a garage sale for a buck! Then did an Internet search for it when I got home and it is worth $350!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I don't think we have too many pipe-smoking personalities in Maryland, but I discovered that former Governor Marvin Mandel was apparently a pipe enthusiast. My wife works for a politician and Maryland opened their legislative session last week, which means a lot of parties and socials. At one, my wife was introduced to the former Governor by a lobbyist she knows. Later, she mentioned going down to the Annapolis Smoke Shop to pick up some tobacco for me. He asked if she knew the Governor was a pretty big pipe enthusiast and has pretty large pipe collection room at his mansion. He offered to take us to meet him and view his collection and said most folks don't really care about pipes any more so he thought the Governor would be thrilled to show off his pipes. We're going down in February to spend a weekend in Annapolis and will take him up on that offer.
Governor Mandel was somewhat infamous in political circles and spent time in jail for some fraud charges which were later dropped and commuted by Reagan. I didn't know much about him, as I was 18 when he left public office.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Mandel
I've seen the river side of his mansion from a friends boat, a stately Southern style. I'm sure it is gorgeous inside. From what little I've read, he was a Longchamp fan and rarely seen without it. I'll have to call the Smoke Shop or Faders and find out his tobacco of choice. He's 91 years old now, hopefully he still smokes. Here's a few shots I found on the web. I'll definitely take my camera and do a report on my visit, it sure sounds like an interesting opportunity.
Mandel-at-lectern.jpg

mandel2_e092607a.jpg

photostream

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
Buster is it true vincent price was a expert at asian cooking i have heard this mentioned its funny i wwas thinking about this when his photo went up then you put up about his cookbook what food is he cooking in this book

Status
Not open for further replies.