Puget Sound
Don Porter - Gidget's dad.

IMG_0135.JPG

logandow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
Harold Sakata the actor who played odd job in James Bond

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eIeZP25724E/SfL5emLSrII/AAAAAAAAA80/yHPkaFMV-UE/s400/untitled.bmp

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Majilton wrote;

Buster is it true vincent price was a expert at asian cooking i have heard this mentioned its funny i wwas thinking about this when his photo went up then you put up about his cookbook what food is he cooking in this book
Answer;
Not sure about the Asian cooking. The cook book includes recipes from around the world but has none from Asia. Apparently he was a life long smoker and gourmet. Very interesting book, leather bound and glossy pictures. I collect old cookbooks and this is one of my special ones. This is a link to a blog that has a pic of the books cover.
http://cookbookoftheday.blogspot.com/2009/09/treasury-of-great-recipes.html

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
My friend tells me there was a president that smoked a pipe sometimes a corn cob hes supposed to have worn a hat type i think was a boater.I wish he hadnt told me now im trying to find out who it is from the usa

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Majilton, I'm not sure about which US President you're thinking of. "Boater" hats were popular in the early 20th century, and at that time I'm not sure a cob would be considered very "Presidential".

throwryuken

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2011
Edwin Hubble.
funny pipe fact about hubble was that he many times refused to have his photo taken without pipe in hand.
hubble.jpg

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Majilton, I'm not sure about which US President you're thinking of. "Boater" hats were popular in the early 20th century, and at that time I'm not sure a cob would be considered very "Presidential".
I'm pretty sure I have seen photos of Harding wearing a straw boater - can't find one, though. And in those days, before "image consultants", not sure anyone cared about what looked "presidential". :D

Reactions: damronhimself

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
Jud the photo you explained i to also think ive seen something like this but i carnt find it anywhere.The only corn cob famous guy i know was general mcarther.and if i recall he had quite a large bowl pipe.But i still search for this president

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
Well heres a photo of herbert hoover 31st president i think wearing his boater.He was a pipe smoker the 1920-30s fits in with the hat and i have him holding one of his pipes its not a corn cob but i can bet on another photo he will have one heres the link www.old-picture.com/united-states-history-1900s---1930s/Herbert-Hoover.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.