PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdubguy18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2012
So I purchased a Calabresi Metamorfosi pipe from my local B&M as well pretty much a entry/basket pipe. I have seen some reviews mainly stating that Calabresi pipes are good smokers. But I was trying to find out some history on the pipe. I have stumbled upon a few sites so far however, the information given is extremely limited.
Wanted to know if anyone knows of a place to gather more information on this pipe/pipe maker. As I love knowing the history behind my pipes and the pipe maker. Call me crazy but I think of it as my bond with the pipe. Rather then just looking at it as a piece of wood that I enjoy puffing on.
So any information or links would be great.
Thanks!

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
I believe you have a Thomas Cristiano there. His calabresi line has a higher end metamorfosi distinction. I have drooled over quite a few of their pipes and been sniped on more than a couple more. I completely understand what you're saying about gathering info. I am the same way with mine. Congratulations on the purchase friend. Hope to see a picture sometime. They make some beautiful pieces.
http://www.iapsc.net/store/cristiano.html
That is a link to a bio piece on him and his works including his line of pipes.

vdubguy18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2012
Working on getting a photo of it up...need to find a photo hosting source. Any suggestions are more than welcomed!
Thanks

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
You got me on that one brother... I tried the whole photobucket and imgr thing as was suggested in the forum post on pic posting, but I find it easier to upload things to my album and then repost here as image. There is a forum post about that as well, stickied even if I rememer right, and the instructions were spot on. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.