PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Just got my leap year birthday pipe--what an extraordinary item of pipe engineering! It's a Peterson Kapp-Royal, a Straight Prince with silver band, and smokes like a dream; I can't imagine a pipe smoking better than this. Perfect grip, clenches easily, beautiful wood grain, deep walnut stem, simply everthing you'd want in a pipe. A fitting way to remember my 15 th birthday!

screen-shot-2016-02-16-at-95908-pm-600x170.png

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
That is a beautiful pipe! Congratulations and many happy smokes!!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I neglected to mention, at the risk of breaking any rules, that this pipe comes from our new member, Al Pasica in Milan, Italy.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Happy 60! We've had a discussion about the Prince shape. Most agreed it's got to have some bend in the stem.

No bend? A similar bowl shape without the signature bend would then be a variation of apple or tomato, squashed or otherwise.

It sounds like a wonderful pipe! It looks like one too!

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Nice pipe! Happy Birthday Sparrowhawk! Remember, you can only smoke that on your actual birthday. :rofl:

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Happy Birthday! Great looking pipe, a favorite shape of mine. No matter if it's a prince, squashed tomato, squat apple, it doesn't mean doodly squat! As long as you like it and enjoy smoking it, is all that matters. Enjoy!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Wow, that is a pretty thing! Happy early B-day, yours is two days after mine!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I compared the bowl to the prince's bowl on a Peterson churchwarden; it's the same, structurally, in every way, so well can safely call this a prince. Now all I have to do is get the amber stem version of the Kapp-Royal. What I think really stands out on this pipe is the grain, like nothing I own.
Oh, lifesizedobbit, smoke it every birthday? There's a number of one word responses I could give for that, but it would be unbefitting the owner of such a pipe... same to you chasingembers

:rofl:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Yeah, color of stem, or really deep brown like an umber. Too deep for photo to register, and I didn't see it myself until I got the pipe. Previously, I thought it was black.

Status
Not open for further replies.