Tags:   

Aromatics with Strength?

(29 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by kwilliams40
  • Latest reply from brian64
  1. kwilliams40

kwilliams40

Login to Send PM

Which aromatics do you recommend that have a decent amount of nicotine strength? Thanks.

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

You could always blend your favorites with dark fired blending tobacco.

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. philobeddoe

Philo Beddoe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This^^^^ or add Five Brothers, which can kick up anything and I wouldn't think it would fight against an aromatic

"So it goes." - K.V.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  4. ray47

ray47

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic is a medium strength according to my tastes. I do however agree with the 5 Brothers recommendations. I added (2) 1.5 oz pouches to 12 oz of Captain Black Cherry and it made for a good tasting blend. The cherry taste was calmed down and I get more of a tobacco taste and some nicotine strength.

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. jiminks

JimInks

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'll add Solani 639 Tropical Mango Flake, HU Daddy Gefftl, HU Cherry Saronno, HU Hadde's Best Irish, G&H Dark Plug Rum, G&H Ennerdale Flake, Sam Gawith 1792,Sam Gawith Grousemoor, and G&H Top Black Cherry Rope, among others.

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. aquadoc

aquadoc

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Dark Fired blending tobacco? Would Mac Barens Dark Fired work or too strong?

"If you resolve to give up smoking, drinking and sex, you don't actually live longer; it just seems that way."
    Posted 2 years ago #
  7. kwilliams40

kwilliams40

Login to Send PM

US customers can't order HU Tobacco anymore...according to the website.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. aquadoc

aquadoc

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The owner of Hu us looking for a partner to take over shopping to other counties. He is closing down shop otherwise.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. rhoadsie

R

Login to Send PM

US customers can't order HU Tobacco anymore

Try http://www.pfeifendepot.de

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. prairiedruid

prairiedruid

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

War Horse Bar Green has plenty of vitamin N.

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. toobfreak

toobfreak

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Conniston Cut Plug

To Master Po: Is it not being able to see that makes you tire of life?
    Master Po: No! It is being able to hear!
    Posted 2 years ago #
  12. agnosticpipe

Orley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I seldom smoke sweet aromatics straight anymore, and usually blend something stronger with them. I like to mix East India Trading Co. Royal Challenge, which has a slight rum flavor, with Black Frigate, GH Rum Flake or GLP Sextant. Or try Drew Estate's Grand Central, which has a coconut flavor with GH Sweet Coconut Twist. I've also used C&D Autumn Evening which has a maple flavor with GH Maple Twist.

There are lots of combinations you can make to give an aro more tobacco flavor and punch. Or you could as suggested, smoke War Horse Green, or some of the Lakeland blends.

The pipe smoker formerly know as agnostic pipe
    "Fried food, hard liquor, and tobacco, that's the holy trinity!"- Stacy Keach
    Posted 2 years ago #
  13. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yep, I love the PS Dark Fired Kentucky added to Danske Mild Orange. Then there Firedance Flakes, Erinmore Flake, University for a tobacco forward aro, Royal Yacht if you can stand it, Autumn Evening has a decent stregnth to it, and another fav of mine is adding Coconut Twist slices to Molto Dolce, which is a favorite of Mrs Cosmic.

Michael
    Posted 2 years ago #
  14. alexnc

alexnc

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I second the 1792, the tonquin is pretty strong and it does pack some omph

Goo Goo g’joob
    Posted 2 years ago #
  15. downinit

downinit

Login to Send PM

I use G&H dark birds eye because it is shag cut to help goopy aromatics like molto dolce to burn better.

[No man has the] right to mislead others, who have less access to history, and less leisure to study it. . . . Thus substituting falsehood and deception for truthful evidence and fair argument.
    — Abraham Lincoln, Cooper Union Address, 1860
    Posted 2 years ago #
  16. ray47

ray47

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just bought a pound of C&D Cube Cut Burley and should receive it today. I plan to experiment with it by adding some to my aromatics.

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I keep remembering strong aromatics while I am away from my devices, but then I get back here and cannot recall.

Ray, Cube cut Burley, does it have the same strength as say... Dark Fired Kentucky or 5 brothers? I've had CCB once, but it was a few years ago, and I can't recall the strength. I do remember that it had a nice taste. I can see it being a great mixer to nic-up a blend.

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. ray47

ray47

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@COSMIC:

I've never smoked C&D's Cube Cut Burley, but from what I've read on Tobacco Reviews it has a strength rating of Medium to Strong. JimInks gives it a 3 star rating as a mixer. My order is Out for Delivery so I'll know in a few hours. I believe that C&D uses it in their "Crooner" blend and I find that as a strong nicotine blend. I've smoked both Dark Fired Kentucky and 5 Brothers and find Crooner has a little less of a nicotine kick then those two blends, but not by much.

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When you shop aromatics, to your own taste, just look at the strength indicator. Most aros don't get above medium, but as mentioned, you can always add a little nic boost with Five Brothers, C&D Big'n'Burley, or other strong tobacco. I like strong tobacco, mostly for the taste I guess, but I don't crave or seek nicotine per se. When I get a buzz, that's okay, but it's not a longing. (My mom liked to smoke cigarettes for the dramatic gesture, but every pack always went stale because she just didn't need the nic; I think I got that gene.)

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. ray47

ray47

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@Cosmic:

I've smoked my first bowl of C&D's Cube Cut Burly and had to lay down for an hour. That's never happened with Dark Fired Kentucky and 5 Brothers. As I stated in my previous post, Dark Fired Kentucky & 5 Brothers have more of a nicotine kick then Crooner, which is a cube cut burley. The C&D Cube Cut is in my opinion stronger then Dark Kentucky & 5 Brothers. I mixed some cube cut with some of the C&D Apricot Cream I received a few days ago and it really helped up the strength of that blend without altering the taste. I highly recommend C&D's Cube Cut Burley as a mixer.

Posted 2 years ago #
  21. deathmetal

deathmetal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Me too. I did not find it all that strong last time I smoked it, but found it worked really well as a mixer and was quite flavorful on its own too. Throw in some Brown Twist Sliced for a sweet but strong powerhouse.

"My own experience has been that the tools I need for my trade are paper, tobacco, food, and a little whiskey." -- William Faulkner

The Metal Mixtures
    Posted 2 years ago #
  22. python

Bob

Would Smoke Rabbits if He Could Keep them Lit

Login to Send PM

I find that almost every Gawith, Hoggarth, & Co (G&H) aromatic has quite a bit of nicotine hit to it, especially the ropes/twists.

"When the Government Fears the People, There is Liberty;
    When the People Fear the Government, There is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
    Posted 2 years ago #
  23. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

Cosmic, did you just call Royal Yacht and Erinmore Flake an aromatic? How dare you? [shouting] tobacco snobs, tobacco snobs...

Javan
    Posted 2 years ago #
  24. paulie66scandinavian

Paul

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Amphora Full taste Red?

Paul The Scandinavian'
    Posted 2 years ago #
  25. hawky454

hawky454

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Stay away from American aromatics and look into some of the German and British tobaccos and you'll be off to a good start.

Posted 2 years ago #
  26. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My two current favorite aromatics are Iwan Ries Three Star Blue and Peretti's Thanksgiving Dinner (this is seasonal so you have to buy in the fall, I think; I received this as a generosity from lasttango'.

Posted 2 years ago #
  27. kwilliams40

kwilliams40

Login to Send PM

Thanks for all the replies!

Posted 2 years ago #
  28. mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

mothernature

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

C&D Kelly's Coin

Posted 2 years ago #
  29. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Some consider Peterson University Flake to be an aromatic. I don't define it as such, but it definitely has a plum casing or topping (whichever is the proper term)...and plenty of vitamin N.

“Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.” – George Carlin
    Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jfred, donjgiles, jabomano, jojoc, oldgeezersmoker, mikethompson, greeneyes, mindglue, craig61a, jravenwood