Are There Other Sites Like Boswells That Have Lots Of Sweet Blends?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Hey it's me again. I know your all prob like he hasn't found his blend yet! Ok so I have been smoking now for couple months and I really like Boswells Berry Cobbler and Sweet Dreams. I think they have a lot of sweet blends and kind of lean to the sweet side of things. Although I have only ordered 2 types and many more to come are there any other places like Boswells who maybe are not that well known or talked about as much. They don't have to be pipe makers I really like Boswells shot pipe and I like there tobacco I am just exploring. Thank you all for your help and comments.

Marine33--------Richard

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Nearly all of the tobacco sponsors offer a lot of aromatics. Also check out the Cornell & Diehl site. With nearly 300 blends there's bound to be something in your wheelhouse.

Dec 24, 2012
+1 on C&D
So, does Boswells allow credit card orders again, or do you still have to send in pictures of dead presidents via carrier pigeon?

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
+1 on Pipeworks and Wilke. Carole blends some of the finest aromatics from top quality leaf. Two of her blends that are absolutely top-shelf: Bleeker Street and Gramercy Park. Then go crazy with the rest of her list. There's not a bad one in the bunch and you're sure to find something you'll like.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Hey peck they allow credit cards. I'll try them other sites as well thanks again.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
+1 on Pipeworks and Wilke. Carole blends some of the finest aromatics from top quality leaf. Two of her blends that are absolutely top-shelf: Bleeker Street and Gramercy Park. Then go crazy with the rest of her list. There's not a bad one in the bunch and you're sure to find something you'll like.

I would add No.191 to that list: the finest aromatic I have smoked. But of course there's Vermont Maple Cavendish, Rumcake, where to start? And this from a guy who isn't generally an aromatic smoker. Bliss...

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
It does sound like Boswells likes to pour sweet syrup all over everything. Makes me wonder what they are hiding under all that flavoring.
Julia Child once said: If your dish comes to the table with sauce poured all over it, they are hiding something.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Thanks perique wrote them down they sound yummy!! Zekest funny stuff "what are they hiding" if they were hiding I would not care!! I'd smoke dog crap if it tasted like berry cobbler!! Bhahahah. I just like sweet tasting tobacco. I think next TAD I'll have some CAO Cherry bomb. Then I want to try some other place like Boswells! Thanks for all the replies.

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
Peck, a simple phone call to Boswells gets everything done. I know, I know, not online, no emails, who woulda thought lol
They have my cc on file and I rather enjoy talking to someone that doesn't speak Punjab

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
It does sound like Boswells likes to pour sweet syrup all over everything. Makes me wonder what they are hiding under all that flavoring.
Julia Child once said: If your dish comes to the table with sauce poured all over it, they are hiding something.
order yourself some Northwoods..

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Since I don't like sweet tobaccos so much, it seems like every site is loaded with them. I know

aromatics in general are much more popular than you would think from reading Forums, since

there is such a wide offering of them in nearly every flavor imaginable. I do smoke some aromatics,

but usually quite tobacco forward. When I get to Lanes LL-7, which is a fairly mild vanilla caramel,

I think I'm swimming in syrup. Rum and walnut, singly, are also flavorings I smoke, but a lot of

my blends are non-aromatic.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Thank you mso489 that's another time I have heard of Lane LL-7. Have you also had lane 1-Q? I have heard LL-7 is sweeter. I do like 1-Q and have LL-7on my next TAD order. Along with that CAO- cherry bomb. Can't wait til next weekend.

lefty19

Lurker
Aug 1, 2013
What is sweeter between the no. 191 and any of Boswell's?
I am looking for something sweeter in taste than Creme Brulee, Mac Baren's Vanilla Creme etc??? Molte Dolce tasted sweet but couldn't taste anything in particular.
Or maybe I am looking for something with an actual taste!
Thanks,

-David

pipejunky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
if you want sweet try a hookah that sheisha stuff is real sweet.It won't burn in a briar though.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
I'm not sure I do like lane 1-q and boswells blends. Molte Dolce was very wet and would not dry out. Tried smoking and it was sweet just had hard time. I prob love the blends that others think are too sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.