Anyone know what these pipes might be worth?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Not too sure about worth there, but at the very least I'm pretty sure that one on the left is a Falcon, and I actually really like the one with the wind cap and deer carved on the front. Are you looking at making an offer on all of them, one of them or what? Or do you already own them and want to sell them?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I could only access the 1st picture -- the one where they are standing in the rack.

Anyone attempting an appraisal would need to see each pipe up close from several angles, and know what brands they are.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
If there are no cracks or holes, and you have an okay level of experience cleaning pipes up, and you LIKE some of them, then I’d say $30 is pretty good. A few meers and a Falcon, functional, would be a nice deal at $30. Then you’ve got the others to throw in. If you’re trying to clean up and resell, I would recommend against that.

mancaver

Lurker
Jul 10, 2018
Looks like the pipe i showed in second pic with white face bowl is unused. Any idea of maker? I would like to sell some to get my money back and keep others.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
If it were me, I wouldn’t do it. You might be able to make back your money, but in this case it’s probably more of a hope than a guarantee. Still an okay deal for the group, though.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
The falcon in the first pic looks pretty good........... should bring 25-30 dollars on ebay. If the false teeth are included, could be worth more.......... :D

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
What's your time worth? Those pipes will take a few hours to clean up, then they might sell for more than you paid. I've bought a couple $10 pipes on Ebay and cleaned them up but they were pipes I liked and I wanted the experience of cleaning and polishing. Personally I wouldn't touch them as an investment but if you'd like to add some of them to your collection then go for it. $5 shipping kills the profit potential on cheap pipes. That white faced one could be worth $30 by itself but that's probably the only one I'd want out of the lot.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I'd save my money. You'd have to clean them all up (except the unused one), and with the exception of the Falcon, they're all cheap, fairly low quality pipes.

Jan 8, 2013
If you're looking at getting a decent rotation of pipes going, for 30 bucks I say go for it. It doesn't matter if they're cheap pipes. If they smoke well is what's important.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
k4yqgs

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Tried to embed a photo, but the link is 20 pages long and doesn't work at all. It's the most difficult photo site I have run across.
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, including this site's album such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.